Gen 1 Raptor Options - Pls help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcb054

Reaction score
I am looking at a few options on Gen 1 Raptors and would love some help and any questions to think about. FYI this is my first Raptor purchase

Option A - $28,500
2014 Raptor (white), 86k miles, fully loaded. No rust on vehicle and single owner. Owner is not very responsive and a tad bit vague on some details but carfax is clean. Private party

Option B - $27,500
2013 Raptor (white), 125k miles, fully loaded (801A package), two owners. Fully serviced -Oil change -Brakes and rotors in the past 5k miles -New BF Goodrich AT tires in the past 5k miles -Undercoated with woolwax No leaks or issues, shocks are in good condition and not leaking. Always been serviced and upkept. Just had it checked over at the Ford dealer as well and came back with perfect bill of health. Private party

Option C - $26,880
2012 Raptor (black), 119k miles, fully loaded, 4 owners and lived in VA all it's life. Fully serviced, tires/brakes 60% life left. No rust on vehicle. Dealer sale.

Option A stands out obviously with the lower miles but Option B has been pampered and thats a draw for me (but at the expense of more miles). I also am not to familiar with good/bad differences between the '13 and '14. I will be driving the car 8-10k miles a year

Thanks for the help & advice!

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Rule out the 2012. 13/14 are the same, the 12 is not. (Sync 1 vs Sync 2)

Option A seems like a great deal (that's about 7k under the values I have seen), but that depends on the details.

I'd offer 25k on option B and go for it.
Are these crewcabs?

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rcb054

Reaction score
Rule out the 2012. 13/14 are the same, the 12 is not. (Sync 1 vs Sync 2)

Option A seems like a great deal (that's about 7k under the values I have seen), but that depends on the details.

I'd offer 25k on option B and go for it.
Are these crewcabs?
Yes, both are crewcabs. Lowest option B will go is 27500

OP
OP
R

rcb054

Reaction score
My gut says Option B was well kept and maintained. The seller is SUPER transparent and responsive. Gut says Option A was maintained OK but not to a precise level of attention.

Case & point - Option B undercoated the vehicle with woolwax

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
You have to go with what feels comfortable for you. I get the sense the 2013 sits better with you. Did you get an OASIS report when you went to Ford? If so, and it was good, then make one more attempt to get the price down. Then, buy it and have some fun.