First time buyer - 2013 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcb054

Reaction score
Hi All - I am a first time prospective buyer on a 2013 Raptor. After some research and considering a purchase, I wanted to ask for some help from all of you that have experience.

My background - I've typically leased newer trucks, never bought an older truck so flying a bit blind here.

I am looking at a 2013 SVT Raptor, 93,500miles for $27,200. The car has had 2 owners, and has a no accidents on its carfax. The first owner drove the car til 80k, the second owner til 93k and then traded it into a Ford dealer for an explorer. The dealer serviced the vehicle at time of trade in and fixed the following

- Inoperable back window
- Steering wheel menu switch
- Passenger side door lock

Tires (10/32), and brakes (8/32)

The dealer did note rust on the rockers and shared some photos of car. Truthfully, I dont know all the things I am looking for and if there are any red flags to avoid this purchase but I would love some help, if willing. Thank you!!

Attachments

• image_3 3.JPG
    image_3 3.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 19
  • image_4 3.JPG
    image_4 3.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 19
  • image_2.JPG
    image_2.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 17
  • image_0 3.JPG
    image_0 3.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 18
  • image_4.JPG
    image_4.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
R

rcb054

Reaction score
Some additional photos

Attachments

• image_1 3.JPG
    image_1 3.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 7
  • image_0.JPG
    image_0.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 6
  • image_1.JPG
    image_1.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 6
  • image_2 3.JPG
    image_2 3.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 7
  • image_3.JPG
    image_3.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 7

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.

I know the rockers are a common weak point of the ’10-’14 truck. Also Fuse 27 relocate ; and lead frame. I’m going to defer to the more experienced Jen Juan crew here.

I think with the rust, I’d be a bit hesitant to drop 27k on a 100k truck. Suspension is going to be tired, shocks are almost surely done for and at 10 years you’re probably also looking at some bushing fatigue.

What are your goals for the truck ?

Will it pass inspection like it is - not just from the selling stealership ?

OP
OP
R

rcb054

Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.

I know the rockers are a common weak point of the ’10-’14 truck. Also Fuse 27 relocate ; and lead frame. I’m going to defer to the more experienced Jen Juan crew here.

I think with the rust, I’d be a bit hesitant to drop 27k on a 100k truck. Suspension is going to be tired, shocks are almost surely done for and at 10 years you’re probably also looking at some bushing fatigue.

What are your goals for the truck ?

Will it pass inspection like it is - not just from the selling stealership ?
Thank you for the reply - It would be general use, low mileage (~10k a year use)

Tim_Robison

Reaction score
Honestly I have the same Truck (Black) around the same miles. Tell them knock off 7 Grand and its a deal. other than that I'd pay 30 Grand for a better one. Just keep looking it took me about six months to find mine. Its a great truck all have their problems including mine. PS the stock power steering units are trash! expect to replace it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter