Transmission...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bluoval1118

Bluoval1118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The biggest transmission killer is heat... Keep the heat down and it will perform... I suggest a larger cooler...

Planning on one very soon.

Make it a stick and I would be one happy camper. ******* automatics.

I would love for it to be a manual but it would be a long ass shifter.

6R80 trans was made to handle 800ft lbs of torque at least that is how strong they say it is.

Saying and doing is two different things

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
stronger transmissions for out trucks? I'm not looking to replace the transmission just upgrade the internals. QUOTE]

That's a really good question ! I would say look to the companys that build the deisel transmissions. Lots of power there ? Just takes time for aftermarket parts to come out. Maybe this post will spark some interest ?

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Diesel tranny place would be my first guess... This trans in anything else? Is it the same one thats in the EB/Regular F150?

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We are currently developing a larger trans cooler to fit behind the bumper. We have been having some difficulties with our oil cooler supplier, but we are hoping to have it all buttoned up soon!

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
6R80 trans was made to handle 800ft lbs of torque at least that is how strong they say it is.

That's including any torque multiplication of the converter and whatnot though. Not RWTQ.

This is a GREAT Transmission shop.

Brians Truck Shop

Brian's Truck Shop
14991 Industrial Park Drive
Lead Hill, AR 72644
Phone:870-422-(FORD)3673
Fax: 870-422-3675
E-mail: [email protected]

Yep BTS is a VERY popular choice in the Lightning/Harley Truck community.