Transmission gear indicator light on dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just checked my VIN against that recall and my truck isn't "apparently" affected. Guess they don't know the full extent of the issue as my truck is only a week old and is exhibiting this behavior.

I just got mine this week and noticed mine goes off while playing the radio with the engine off. The steering wheel control for the radio also quits working. Changing the station using the screen controls restores both trans and steering wheel controls for a short time.

LabRat

Reaction score
This is why forums are great! This saved me from having to take my Raptor in the shop to diagnose! Thanks for sharing!

Mcthnyfe1

Reaction score
Thanks guys I’ve learned so much from reading this forum. After waiting four years I finallY got my raptor. 2019 agate black 802 a and tech package. The gear indicator light has gone off a few times and as stated, nothing in the manual. I open up FRF do a search and on a few minutes “fixed”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
PRS (progressive range selection) is actually explained in the Supplemental manual. Pressing the "-" button on the gearshift enables it and displays available gears. Additional "-" presses locks out the top gear with each press and those numbers disappear. "+" reenables the gears until all 10 are again available, one more "+" disables the PRS and the display dissappears. Good luck...