Transmission gear indicator light on dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TxRR

Reaction score
Hit the right (+) paddle shifter or the + on the shifter and gear indicator should re-appear.

Will give it a try.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Okay I hit both the + on the paddle and gear shift knob and nothing.

However, I found that if you put the gear shift knob in "Drive" then hit the + on the paddle the light comes back.

Good deal!

Larry Jeffords

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Raptor and noticed the gear position display was missing. Thanks to this forum I found that you need to start the vehicle, put it in D then hit the + paddle and it comes back. - removes + adds. Not in the manual. Why it would disappeared or why you would need the option is a little strange. I like it. Since I’ve never used the paddles I’m not sure how it got turned off either. Wonder if it hit the - on the shift knob.

I also entered my VIN and there are currently no FSB’s for my vehicle.

Last edited:

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Raptor and noticed the gear position display was missing. Thanks to this forum I found that you need to start the vehicle, put it in D then hit the + paddle and it comes back. - removes + adds. Not in the manual. Why it would disappeared or why you would need the option is a little strange. I like it. Since I’ve never used the paddles I’m not sure how it got turned off either. Wonder if it hit the - on the shift knob.

I also entered my VIN and there are currently no FSB’s for my vehicle.

you can also toggle it with the button on the side of the shift handle, may have hit it there.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I first got my 2018, mine turned off several times before I figured out it was the "-" paddle shifter. I was not hitting it on purpose, but as other have said, hitting the "+" shifter has always turned it back on for me.

I have not tried the button on the side of the console shifter.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
there was a recall for a few units where the dash display was defective. This sound like one of them and it’s the first I’ve actually heard of.

most of the time it’s the bug where you hit one of the shift buttons or paddles while not in manual mode.