Dash warning light on 2019?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HSrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just checking to see if anyone had the Wrench light on the dash come on while driving? Mine did the other day while on interstate and I hit a rest area and looked at manual which said 4 wheel drive system take to Ford. I checked the truck all over and nothing so when I stared it back up light was gone and truck ran fine the rest of the drive home. I'm going to take it into Ford I'm assuming the error is logged and see what they say.

I also noticed right before this happened the transmission was shifting funny and the turbo gauge kept spiking but and eventually the light came on. So not sure it was a 4 wheel drive system fault that caused this wrench light to come on.

Again taking to Ford just posting the question to see if anyone else ran into this and if so what the problem was.

Thanks

OP
OP
H

HSrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks yeah I read that in the manual when I stopped. I guess I thought it was a stranger error code to get while driving on the hwy on a sunny day and not even in 4x4. Guess I'll be calling the dealer and getting it in this week to see if they can tell me anything.

Thanks for reply

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
are there any DTC’s set? You can check with FORSCAN.

In your driveway, are you able to select different drive modes, and transfer case mode?

OP
OP
H

HSrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure exactly what DTC's are? I don't have FORSCAN unfortunately.

I'll have to try the drive modes and transfer case mode in my driveway to get you an answer. I do know on drive modes when I go from normal to sport I can't go back to normal from sport mode for some reason, I have to select a different mode and once it takes then I can go back to normal.

I talked with Ford dealer today and they said I could bring it in but probably wouldn't find anything unless the light is on when I bring the truck in. Plus I can't even get an appointment until middle of July, Crazy. I'm just shocked that for the amount of computers this truck has or most new cars these days that there isn't some way to store a warning light error code if it comes on. Guess that would make it to easy.

I'll let you know on the driveway test thanks for the suggestion.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have absolutely gotten a random warning light or warning along with ford pass app alerts that just go away. Computers can be ********* too. If a warning went away it probably should have.

OP
OP
H

HSrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have absolutely gotten a random warning light or warning along with ford pass app alerts that just go away. Computers can be ********* too. If a warning went away it probably should have.
Thanks and your probably right and I've been around computers my whole life so I know they can be very flaky and then they just work. I'll just drive it and if it comes on again I'll worry about it then.