Check Engine Light - Codes - Blown Fuse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drivin2Fst

Reaction score
My check engine light came on tonight and I got a Ford Pass warning that there was an issue with my 'turbocharger/supercharger control system'. The truck was feeling sluggish and didn't seem to be building boost.

I pulled the codes with Forscan and got the following codes:

- P0034
- P028D
- P0480
- P05A1
- P05A7
- P05AE
- P0580
- P05B6
- P0645
- P06A0
- P06DB
- P103D
- P2602
- P2681
- U0284
- U0285

I did some research and found someone who had a similar issue and figured out it was a blown 10a fuse. I found fuse 36 under the hood which is 'Vehicle Power 3' blown and replaced it. I cleared the codes with Forscan however the following codes wouldn't clear:

- P028D
- P06DB
- P2602
- P2681

I took the truck for a drive and it still felt sluggish and wasn't building boost. After a few miles the check engine light came on again and I got the same Ford Pass warning. I haven't pulled codes again or checked the fuse but assume it's the same issue.

Truck is a 2020 and has a SVC front mount intercooler. The grille shutters have been removed but the controls are still there. There are normally stored codes for the missing grille shutters. The intercooler has been on the truck for about 30k miles with no issue.

Any ideas from the experts? I appreciate any help in advance.

Thanks!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You need to figure out why the fuse blew. The fuse is never a root cause, it’s the result of a high current draw or short to ground. With the grille shutters being removed that’s the first place to check. Inspect for damage to the harness from chafing/pinching/etc and inspect the connectors for water intrusion or corrosion.

With P06DB returning, also check for wire harness damage near the oil pump electrical connector on the front engine cover.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"P028D" = "Charge Air Cooler Cooling Fan Control Circuit Low"
"P06DB" ="Engine Oil Pressure Control Circuit Low"
"P2602" = "Coolant Pump 'A' Control Circuit Low"
"P2681" = "Engine Coolant Bypass Valve 'A' Control Circuit/Open"

OP
OP
Drivin2Fst

Drivin2Fst

Reaction score
You need to figure out why the fuse blew. The fuse is never a root cause, it’s the result of a high current draw or short to ground. With the grille shutters being removed that’s the first place to check. Inspect for damage to the harness from chafing/pinching/etc and inspect the connectors for water intrusion or corrosion.

With P06DB returning, also check for wire harness damage near the oil pump electrical connector on the front engine cover.

Thanks! I'll go through the harnesses and see if I can find anything.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you have a FMIC then 99.9% chance you have the OEM intercooler fans disabled (intercooler fans are a Raptor/limited only thing) (as in thrown in the dumpster) soooooo, P029D is worthless.

OP
OP
Drivin2Fst

Drivin2Fst

Reaction score
Digging into this today and found the plug for the OEM intercooler fans tied up behind my bumper and full of corrosion. I don't have the fans anymore due to FMIC and my installer just left the plug tied up behind the bumper. I'm hoping the corrosion is causing the blown fuse. Going to try cleaning the plug and then plugging in the female end of the harness that I just removed from the stock fans and capped off.

IMG_0353 Large.jpeg

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love awesome installation jobs where the leave things like this, my favorite

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Digging into this today and found the plug for the OEM intercooler fans tied up behind my bumper and full of corrosion. I don't have the fans anymore due to FMIC and my installer just left the plug tied up behind the bumper. I'm hoping the corrosion is causing the blown fuse. Going to try cleaning the plug and then plugging in the female end of the harness that I just removed from the stock fans and capped off.

View attachment 448920
WD40 until it’s shiny.