To Sell or Keep?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would keep both if you have the means! I like the gen 2 trucks a lot but I think the gen 1 has more presence. I've almost missed a couple gen 2's on the road, I feel like they blend in a little more.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes I do have a problem distinguishing between a new FX4 or Gen 2 Raptor. There is not enough cosmetic difference from the front ends, they all look the same.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love the new body style. I'd be lying if I said part of my hesitation to get one wasn't because of the new Bronco.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wear glasses but yeah they make other editions now that ape that look but thanks for playing and making yourself feel better for having a v6 truck.

Great you win the internet, the new Raptor is nice cause it is new but I will be willing to bet you that it will not be the limited SVT product it once was. Two turbos and ten speeds of transmission makes for a weird off road experience but to each their own. 99 percent of the people on this forum don't take their trucks off roads anyway and the other ones have not ever seen the places I have taken my truck.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wear glasses but yeah they make other editions now that ape that look but thanks for playing and making yourself feel better for having a v6 truck.
Sounds more like your justifying your hold back for not getting a V8. What does the looks have to do with the engine?

Great you win the internet, the new Raptor is nice cause it is new but I will be willing to bet you that it will not be the limited SVT product it once was. Two turbos and ten speeds of transmission makes for a weird off road experience but to each their own. 99 percent of the people on this forum don't take their trucks off roads anyway and the other ones have not ever seen the places I have taken my truck.

V6 what does that have the difference to do with whether one off roads or not? Hell I know a number of Ford Rangers and Toyota's (4 cylinder) that off road plenty and can get into more places than those with a big V8.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds more like your justifying your hold back for not getting a V8. What does the looks have to do with the engine?

V6 what does that have the difference to do with whether one off roads or not? Hell I know a number of Ford Rangers and Toyota's (4 cylinder) that off road plenty and can get into more places than those with a big V8.

Fact, I work with farmers all day. Have seen multiple 3.5 liter eco boosts within 1-3 years of service with CEL on. I do not see this on Superduty or the 6.4 liter boss motor. Only the eco boosts. If I spend this much for a truck it needs to be bullet proof. The new 3.5 liter eco boost Raptor might go 0-60 is 5.xx seconds but it sure is not the bullet proof off roading machine the 11-14s were/ are.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be, time will tell. CEL's could be on for a number of reasons, I know even on mine I had the tire pressure light always on, changed tires and wheels and didn't care that I didn't have the pressure sensors. Seen CEL's on because of low windshield washer fluid, don't recall what vehicle....hell even on the f150's if the auto fuel latch doesn't seal well enough the CEL will come on...

Not sure who has the 6.4 L Boss (Bored out)? Ford makes a 6.2 L...

All your other 'justifications' don't add up and quite honestly I am wondering if you've even really drove the new Raptor yet. 6.2L has been pretty solid, give you that.

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score

my 99 ranger 4.0 (v6) 4x4 with 4.10s was a beast on trails. i took that thing places i would never take my raptor. raptor is to wide and long.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Could be, time will tell. CEL's could be on for a number of reasons, I know even on mine I had the tire pressure light always on, changed tires and wheels and didn't care that I didn't have the pressure sensors. Seen CEL's on because of low windshield washer fluid, don't recall what vehicle....hell even on the f150's if the auto fuel latch doesn't seal well enough the CEL will come on...

Not sure who has the 6.4 L Boss (Bored out)? Ford makes a 6.2 L...

All your other 'justifications' don't add up and quite honestly I am wondering if you've even really drove the new Raptor yet. 6.2L has been pretty solid, give you that.

The 6.4 liter is the Power Wagon Hemi gas burner. The Cummins in that is a six cylinder/ 6.7 iirc which is an animal motor. The 6.2 liter is the Boss Ford motor so your right. I was mainly talking about the 3.5 liter motor. Have not driven the new Raptor, I have been in and driven the 3.5 liter turbo truck so I would imagine it is a Hi Power version of that. Honestly, though for what it is and the new Avalanche color is spectacular, I just can not justify the price vs. what you are getting the Power Wagon is a lot better deal overall.

If Ford wants to get serious then they could just supercharge the 5 liter and go with that. To have a 1500 truck and limit it with a high boost low displacement v6 makes no sense what so ever. To each their own, though If your happy then that is all that matters. I am sure a few Big Horn, Laramie and Power Wagon owners would be happy to go to work against a Raptor. The trucks just are not what they use to be anything. Should have stepped up displacement and power not reduce it.