To Sell or Keep?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There's always a couple anomalies. Why ask why? You've got two choices. It baffles me how anyone asks,"What should I do", when it comes to spending money. Due diligence.

But hey, if you don't do it when you vote, may as well be led by a prevailing wind.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can not honestly say for one but seeing the Gen 1 depreciate especially the 5.4 liters. Kids rolling around in them like they are an 80s or early 90s corvette. It is getting a little dis heartening but it makes for an easy sale.

I just can not mustard the TT v6 in an off road vehicle. I am thinking I am going up to a 2500 series anyway, and while Suoerdutys are nice they just don't have all that I am looking for the only one that fits one hundred percent is the Power Wagon but don't know if I can live with a Dodge every day.

NewAgePhilosopher

Reaction score
I can not honestly say for one but seeing the Gen 1 depreciate especially the 5.4 liters. Kids rolling around in them like they are an 80s or early 90s corvette. It is getting a little dis heartening but it makes for an easy sale.

I just can not mustard the TT v6 in an off road vehicle. I am thinking I am going up to a 2500 series anyway, and while Suoerdutys are nice they just don't have all that I am looking for the only one that fits one hundred percent is the Power Wagon but don't know if I can live with a Dodge every day.

I had a Wrangler previously, so I'm OK with driving an FCA vehicle daily. I'll most likely be going the Power Wagon route as well, if Ford doesn't introduce a V8 for the Raptor.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I just found my SVT paperwork and of the 1000 blue flame metallic Raptors made that year mine is number 657 so I might just keep it after all.

The thought of another truck not living up to what this thing can do leaves me with buyers remorse. I might as well just keep it running.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's all about perspective I guess. There was a time when Boss 429's were sitting on used car lots or being driven by high school kids.

Simple car math. There will be far more eco Raptors than SVT Raptors. Lot's of SVT Raptors have already been totaled. Relative rarity is always a big factor in future value.

A 2017 Mustang GT is 'better in every way' than a 70 Boss 429. I know which one I'd rather have.

For me personally, I may pick up an alumaraptor but I won't be selling my G1. Not because I think it's going to sky rocket in value but because I have the cost of a G2 in mods and I'm not willing to throw that away.

edit: I used a 429 as an example because it makes an impact (and they really were sitting on used car lots when the oil embargo hit in the 70s) but I realized the pedants would have a field day with the gulf in actual production numbers - so for the *********... The Early Bronco is a better example. Over 200k built and they are worth 10 times what they sold for in the late 60s early 70s. SVT Raptor totals are ~80k.

I'm not the only one - http://www.caranddriver.com/flipbook/20-late-model-cars-destined-to-become-classics

Last edited:

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's all about perspective I guess. There was a time when Boss 429's were sitting on used car lots or being driven by high school kids.

Simple car math. There will be far more eco Raptors than SVT Raptors. Lot's of SVT Raptors have already been totaled. Relative rarity is always a big factor in future value.

A 2017 Mustang GT is 'better in every way' than a 70 Boss 429. I know which one I'd rather have.

For me personally, I may pick up an alumaraptor but I won't be selling my G1. Not because I think it's going to sky rocket in value but because I have the cost of a G2 in mods and I'm not willing to throw that away.

edit: I used a 429 as an example because it makes an impact (and they really were sitting on used car lots when the oil embargo hit in the 70s) but I realized the pedants would have a field day with the gulf in actual production numbers - so for the *********... The Early Bronco is a better example. Over 200k built and they are worth 10 times what they sold for in the late 60s early 70s. SVT Raptor totals are ~80k.

I'm not the only one - Car and Driver

Yeah, I own two vehicles on that list a Raptor and a STI, the STI is a very fun car indeed. Cool list, thanks for posting it and my girlfriends dad said I should keep the Raptor. So, maybe I should but Power Wagons especially the older ones are in high demand as well.