New to the Gen 1 and wanted to say hello.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pigpen5479

Reaction score
Enjoy your new truck. I also swapped out a 2019 Screw for a 2014 Scab. I am happy with the swap! Something about the classic nature of the Gen 1. Don't get me wrong the Gen 2 is super sweet. Your truck and your choice.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Something about the classic nature of the Gen 1. Don't get me wrong the Gen 2 is super sweet.
1st Gen Broncos & Mustangs are classic vehicles which command $$$$$$. Both are sought after worldwide, with those big gnarly V8 sounds unmistakably part of the reason. The 1st Gen SVT Raptor is gonna be next. It's a simple, uncomplicated vehicle compared to the later versions. No kid grows up wishing for his first truck to have start/stop, auto tailgates, multiple cupholders, or the other bells & whistles. He wants it to look like and sound like a truck. He wants it to not break in half the first time he hucks it. He wants it to have cartoonish dimensions. That's a Gen 1, all day long.

Morgan915

Reaction score
I actually have two gen 1s. Extended cab (edit) in tuxedo black, and a quad cab in silver ingot. Whenever I come across a maroon one though (especially with bronze wheels!) I am dangerously tempted to get another one.. :dogpile:

mtnghost

Reaction score
I went back and forth between gen one and two. I initially liked the looks of the gen two more then I saw the gen one with the hid lights and went for it. Do not regret it one bit, the v8 noise, reliability, the SVT badging. Also the thought that this was the truck that started the super truck movement! One day maybe when I win the lotto, I will buy a Raptor R but for now the 6.2L has my heart. Enjoy yours it’s a great truck!