Tailgate open/close on doorpad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I unlocked my truck using the doorpad/keypad but I cant seem to release the tailgate using the 5/6 button. Is this not possible with the gen3?
Just tried this on my '21 and no luck. Unlocked the truck first using the keypad then pressed the 5/6 button...nothing happened. Even tried holding the 5/6 button for a few seconds and still nothing.

Works on my '21...
Just to clarify, are you saying the above steps, I mentioned above, works on your '21?

Blue Devil

Reaction score
Just tried this on my '21 and no luck. Unlocked the truck first using the keypad then pressed the 5/6 button...nothing happened. Even tried holding the 5/6 button for a few seconds and still nothing.

Just to clarify, are you saying the above steps, I mentioned above, works on your '21?
Correct

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
pushing the 5/6 button lowers your tailgate?
I'm trying to make sense of it too. I'm at work & heading outside to give it another try...gotta put something in the truck anyway.

edit to add....no bueno, nothing happening. @Blue Devil, is there a specific sequence you're using?

Last edited:

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
May be a power tailgate thing? My manual tailgate opens with the door keypad.

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
May be a power tailgate thing? My manual tailgate opens with the door keypad.

So your manual tailgate becomes a power tailgate when you use the door keypad? ie it lowers when you enter the correct buttons? -- Again I wonder here if people are using "open" to mean "unlock"

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So your manual tailgate becomes a power tailgate when you use the door keypad? ie it lowers when you enter the correct buttons? -- Again I wonder here if people are using "open" to mean "unlock"
@RogueClimber
No. It doesnt become a power tailgate. I dont have the Power tailgate package. It does the exact same as if you hit the tailgate open button that is in the cab. You have to enter your code then hit the 5/6 button.

keypad.png

Last edited:

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, maybe I don't know what a power tailgate is

I thought it was one that came down at the push of a button (Key fob, inside cab, at the tailgate)

A manual tailgate to me is one that requires you to unlatch it then hold onto it to lower it slowly (or I guess you could let it go and let it slam down)