Tailgate Stuck!!! 2022 Electronic Tailgate Not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bed cover was installed but is above the tailgate and hadn’t been a problem the first 5k miles with it on, I’m going to try the fuse and forscan this weekend. I want to check forscan for error codes and double check my modules that I changed couldn’t be impacting it

OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update on this, I pulled the fuses for both the tailgate release and tailgate module. Neither worked... When I pulled the fuse for the tailgate module the dinging stopped at least, however, even set to manual mode, the tailgate would still not release. What I'm not sure I am understanding with this design, there is options for manual or power in sync, however, there is only an electronic button on the tailgate. There is not a manual latch or handle to release the tailgate mechanism physically. Even with no power controlling the tailgate, I cannot unlatch the tailgate manually. Am I missing something? I do not see any sort of actual physical release of the tailgate, my DIY last option would be to go under the tailgate and bed and begin to perform a full tail gate removal procedure as that seems to be the only physical way to go about doing this. I don't want to do this but I imagine the dealer would need to if my tailgate will not release.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you try pushing the tailgate towards the cab while you hit the release button. Maybe something is caught in the gate not allowing it to release.

OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you try pushing the tailgate towards the cab while you hit the release button. Maybe something is caught in the gate not allowing it to release.
Yes I have tried pushing it toward and pulling it, also from inside the box to

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
What a mess. Is there a harness you can unplug at the tailgate and put ground and 12v to the wires? Just thinking out loud.

OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a mess. Is there a harness you can unplug at the tailgate and put ground and 12v to the wires? Just thinking out loud.
Yes but it’s a rats nest of wiring under there with the 400w amp harness under there…

OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m seeing DTC codes in the Camera Rear Module, Trailer Module, and Rear Gate Trunk Module….