Tailgate open/close on doorpad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whiskey

Reaction score
I unlocked my truck using the doorpad/keypad but I cant seem to release the tailgate using the 5/6 button. Is this not possible with the gen3?

787Jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally have only owned a gen 3, never have read it on here or the manual you could. Key fob, tailgate button or interior switch.

Finlay150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In settings, set up your remote unlock to all doors. This should unlock all doors and tailgate when you punch in your 5 digit code. 7/8 and 9/0 simultaneously will lock everything.

OP
OP
W

whiskey

Reaction score
thanks, do you know if the doorpad can open the tailgate after unlocking everything?

TXRaaptor

@thebeardedbrand
Reaction score
Once you enter your code, hit the top two buttons together and it’ll unlock everything, tailgate included. You can then enter your code and the bottom two buttons together to lock everything again

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once you enter your code, hit the top two buttons together and it’ll unlock everything, tailgate included. You can then enter your code and the bottom two buttons together to lock everything again
You don't have to enter the code to lock... just hit the bottom two buttons.