SVC Tune Evaluation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2k10SVT - When they find the tune (very easy for them to tell) with the scan tool then yes, they will blame it on anything that comes up. People will quote the Mag. - Moss warranty act but it's a pipe dream. Go ahead and try suing Ford on a warranty claim. Their $$$$$$$$$$$$ vs. yours $
So play at your own risk. That said I love my SVC tune.

2k10SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2k10SVT - When they find the tune (very easy for them to tell) with the scan tool then yes, they will blame it on anything that comes up. People will quote the Mag. - Moss warranty act but it's a pipe dream. Go ahead and try suing Ford on a warranty claim. Their $$$$$$$$$$$$ vs. yours $

I really really really wish I didn't purchase the extended warranty. Looks like Ill have to tune when I buy a 14.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score

This information is all relative -

Mag Moss requires proof that your tuner caused the issues - your dealership is the issue if this statement is the case.

My dealership's Service Manager along with about 4 other service employees have tuners in their F150s. They will cover the warranty as long as it's not blatantly obvious that the tuner caused the issue.

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This information is all relative -

Mag Moss requires proof that your tuner caused the issues - your dealership is the issue if this statement is the case.

My dealership's Service Manager along with about 4 other service employees have tuners in their F150s. They will cover the warranty as long as it's not blatantly obvious that the tuner caused the issue.

That dealership is not representative of most out there. To the contrary actually.

You are a lucky man !

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've done this - 2wice

Well if this really bothers you, you can always remove some Global Spark.
You'll lose a little power but maybe just maybe gain some mpg.

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

I really really really wish I didn't purchase the extended warranty. Looks like Ill have to tune when I buy a 14.

I glad I have the extended warranty, there are other things that go wrong with automobiles that don't involve mods.
I still have 3 more years on my 4 year old truck.

SVTanthony

Reaction score
Clean the air filter or replace.

Leave it alone, just press and hold the mpg while on a highway drive it will stay up to 12-15mpg.
If you reset while driving in town 8-10mpg it would take 100 miles or more of slow cursing on the highway before it climbs back up.

This is what I have experienced over the past 4 years.

The method I have that matches the math done at each fillup is to just reset the mpg meter at each fillup. That number definitely correlates well to the math, so I trust it. I knew gas mileage was not great on these, but during my commute, I do watch the green bar (instantaneous mpg) and adjust my throttle position to keep the bar as high and as long as I can. This really helps during my commute when I am more worried about that than off-roading.

2k10SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if this really bothers you, you can always remove some Global Spark.
You'll lose a little power but maybe just maybe gain some mpg.

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

I glad I have the extended warranty, there are other things that go wrong with automobiles that don't involve mods.
I still have 3 more years on my 4 year old truck.

Same here on the amount of time left on mine. I just wish they would allow you to fix "known" problems without it having an effect on the warranty. Im getting pretty sick of having to take time off work to go back in for the same problem each and every time.

Sorry for the hijack btw. I look forward to getting a tune from you guys in the future

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
question ..I am trying to update my SCT SF3 and I see this message at SCT Performance - More Power! Less Fuel!

SCT will no longer be providing the firmware files as a downloadable link from our website. In order to update to this firmware and any future firmware, please download and install the latest SCT SF3 Power Flash Ford Programmer Device Update Software below. Within this program, select to Automatically Check for Updates while connected to the internet and your device will be updated automatically. The tune revision update will take approximately 5 minutes for completion.

But I don't see anything on the page that relates to the bold message above. Also I when I plug the SCT device to my laptop it tries to install drivers and it keeps coming back as failed.

Any ideas?