SVC Tune Evaluation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done an extensive evaluation of 5* tunes in both of our Raptors and my son and I are very satisfied with the performance of their Daily Street tunes. We were so satisfied with the 93 Daily Street tune that we did not feel the need to try any other tunes that were available. However, there has been quite a bit of discussion on various tunes so I decided to contact Jeff at SVC on Dec 6, 2014 about trying their tune. We had several conversations about what I was trying to accomplish. Jeff and I decided to first try the SVC tune on my Raptor with stock air box and drop-in aftermarket air filter. Jeff sent me a V2 tune on December 13, 2014 and my first impression was how similar it performed to my 5* 93 Daily Street Tune. The SVC tune came standard with Global Spark set at 0 for 91 Octane. Shift points were precise, power was steady, and throttle response was immediate. WOT throttle response was strong!

The SVC tune has stock drivability under partial throttle and high performance when demanded along with great shifting! After running the SVC V2 tune for about 2 days I contacted Jeff about making the tune very aggressive in the bottom end and mid range (where I spend most of my time driving) while still having the precise shifting. I wanted my Raptor to be very strong off the line! Jeff contacted his tuner and we decided to do a data log. Based on the data log, Jeff then sent me another tune to evaluate. This time I was sent the new V3 tune that they are about to release. Loaded it on Dec 16 and felt like we could still get more where I wanted it. Jeff talked to his tuner and we decided on another data log. I only run 93 Octane in both Raptors and the quality of our fuel here in TN is very good. Using the 2nd data log, I was sent another tune to evaluate on Dec 18. WOW, this time the tune was exactly what I wanted. Very strong off the line, very aggressive bottom end and mid range, and strong WOT. Truck is very strong throughout the complete RPM range. I can roll on acceleration in 6th gear from 70 mph on interstate without kicking down to 5th gear. This aggressive tune that was developed from data logging is not for everyone though! As soon as I touch the pedal lightly from a stop, the truck responds quickly. It jumps forward! Have to be careful coming off the line because tires want to spin and I can break them loose mashing the pedal from about 30 mph. This is what I like though. This tune was accomplished because of the quality of 93 Octane Fuel I can get. After the 2nd data log, Jeff’s tuner said that “it added all the timing I threw at it so I added more, got more aggressive and raised driver demand.” He also said whatever gas you have is amazing we could never get away with that much timing anywhere else!

We now had a very good tune developed to use in my sons Raptor. However, my son was reluctant since he was very satisfied with his 5* 93 Daily Street Tune. Jeff had his tuner write this tune for my son with exact MAF curve for his aFe Stage 2 CAI. We loaded the tune on Dec 19. My son was so excited! He could not believe how this tune performed! These SVC tunes are now our daily drivers. As aggressive as they are, they are still within Fords safe parameters. Still have the same smooth precise shifting as original V2 tune and can pass emissions. This tune makes our Raptors a real pleasure to drive!

In summary, I have developed a great relationship with Jeff. He is a real nice guy! He uses a very good tuner. To date I have have not seen one negative review about the SVC tune. The SVC tune is a first rate tune and the V3 tune will be very good.

Last edited:

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Great writeup! Your details are pretty spot on, and end result you got a tune that works for your circumstances and wants in a tune. Happy to hear Jeff and SVC took great care of you!

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
nice write up...i was lucky enough hear about it long before reading about it... @cpost6, nice write up and pleasure speaking with you about your experiences with the tune!