SVC Tune Evaluation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, you would not. Like @Bulletnjm stated...if you set the global spark plug to -4 (which is the setting for 87 octane) then you are safe to run any octane of gas that you would like, including 91. If you are consistently putting in 91, then I would set the global spark to 0 (which is the ideal setting if you consistently run 91). It is not recommended to set the spark at zero and run 87. You can go with a higher octane than your setting but not a lower octane than your setting.

The safe setting is -4, then you can run any octane and be safe. Then you will not have to switch. Most people however are creatures of habit and basically always run a certain level of octane...in that case, just pick the setting that fits your octane choice and be done.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If running 93, then assume global spark at +2?

Not sure, good question. We don't really have 93 out here in CA and there wasn't an option for +2 on the svc tuner options. Logic would tell you +2, but I would imagine you'd be ok with the 0 option.

And using the logic that you can run a higher octane safely, I'm sure it would be safe to run 93 on the 0 spark plug deal.

Aussiesvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, you would not. Like @Bulletnjm stated...if you set the global spark plug to -4 (which is the setting for 87 octane) then you are safe to run any octane of gas that you would like, including 91. If you are consistently putting in 91, then I would set the global spark to 0 (which is the ideal setting if you consistently run 91). It is not recommended to set the spark at zero and run 87. You can go with a higher octane than your setting but not a lower octane than your setting.

The safe setting is -4, then you can run any octane and be safe. Then you will not have to switch. Most people however are creatures of habit and basically always run a certain level of octane...in that case, just pick the setting that fits your octane choice and be done.

Great thanks.

How can I contact svc. My cell won't dial 976 numbers

marioec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bringing this thread from the dead . What’s the latest update on the SVC tune ? I been running mine since day one about 9-10 years now and I would like the updated version. How do I get the v3 or latest ?

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bringing this thread from the dead . What’s the latest update on the SVC tune ? I been running mine since day one about 9-10 years now and I would like the updated version. How do I get the v3 or latest ?
LOL, arise dead thread

I bet you'd have better luck just contacting SVC

392 S. Commerce, Suite 19-20,

Hurricane , UT 84737

[email protected]

Tel: 888-976-5588

1704493228243.png