Auto Octane tune for gen 3!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Tuning without sending off your PCM!

Unlock the true power potential of your Raptor with out any data logging or down time. Engineered by Matt Robinson cofounder of GearHead Tuning, the AutoOctane Tune delivers the safest and most capable set-and-forget Raptor tunes available today.

As most of us can’t be without our Raptors for multiple days, our goal was to avoid removal and shipping of the PCM for the Raptor. Using the SCT platform gives us the ability to custom tune our Raptors hastle free.

Matt developed the Gen 3 Raptor Auto Octane tune by introducing his proven fuel sensing logic to the Gen3 platform and by leveraging driver feedback from many datalogs recorded on Hammer Performance's shop trucks.
Sharing this test data on the street, and on our in-ground AWD Dynojet with Matt helped him dial in the perfect throttle response and transmission feel. The best part of his tunes are the ability to fill up with any pump gas without any reflashing of the ecu.

Expanding on the OEM ability to compensate for 87-93 octane, this tune will unlock your Raptor’s highest potential by auto adapting the boost and timing to optimize power delivery. Utilizing numerous data points related to fuel quality, this tune will add power when it’s safe and reduce power when it's not, all in real time with zero driver input.

Our goal is to extract the most available power without compromising reliability to give you the confidence you need every single time you Hammer the throttle!

FEATURES
• Plug and play install eliminates the need to remove ecu to send in for unlock
• Custom tune built for your Truck!
• Safe Reliable +60whp and 100lbft gains
• Save money and run 87 octane or maximize power with higher octane. +30hp with 93 (91+e85 mix)
• Automatically adapts to future power mods like intake/intercooler/boost tubes etc

Stage 1 Base Package Includes:
• SCT X4 Programmer
• Custom Performance Auto Octane Tune for Gen 3 Raptor
Available Add Ons:
• Tow Tune
• S&B or COBB Intake
• upgraded intercooler

23+ support expected soon

IMG_2018.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Interested in learning more about how this tune works, the install process, and price point.
I just added the product page to the post. She starts at $987 but I offer a discount to forum members, just message me.

The tune maintains the auto octane sensors in order to keel 87-93 open for regular use. Adding ethanol e50/85 is a different tune and 85 requires injectors. The tune auto monitors fuel and engine peramiters to self learn itself. Itll also self-learn new additions such as boost tubes, intercooler, intake, etc.

Matts been using this tech for years and I ran his tune on my gen 2 for 2 years and theres quite a few notable trucks out there running his tunes on gen 2, with 6 months or so of testing on gen 3.

You plug the SCT into one of the PCM harnesses to pull the ECU/TCU information and send it to us. We’ll weite the tune with Matt And get it to you in 72 hours or less (usually 24 but I like under promising). Once you have the tune you load it the same way and from there all information can be monitored from the obdII port.

No sending in the ecu, no datalogging (unless you want to or feel something could be improved), etc.

zachery55

Reaction score
Would like to see more information on this. Videos testing some runs etc. I’m all for it though once it’s available for the 24. Would love to see what the full set up would do as well. Added Intercooler etc.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man I don't like relying on the knock sensor to keep detonation at bay, it gives me the bad joojoos. Imagine just going through a tank of 93 then find yourself in baja with only 87 - truck is gonna bang that knock sensor for a while until the computer realizes it has shit gas. Call me crazy, but I'm not a fan of this.

OP
OP
Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How does this compare to Goostuned?
I really dont feel its fair to compare to Winfield. Not knocking either tune - I run both for transparency. Anything south/west of me is 91 and east/north is pretty much 93. I travel west a lot. I run a goose 93 and have an e50 tune from him as well and theyre by far phenominal tunes.

When I go west me Baja I switch to our tune. Theyre both tunes, but different. Having a dedicated octane and a set tune for that will 90% of the time yield better results. Those tunes also require datalogging and a bit of leg work.

Our tune is more “set it and forget it”. Ie load the tune and youre done. You can send us logs just for confirmation but the tunes set to a point we shouldnt require any revisions unless asked for.

Our tunes perfect for those who want to set and forget it. Dont have the ability to send off their ECU for 2-3 days, or change octanes a lot.

Man I don't like relying on the knock sensor to keep detonation at bay, it gives me the bad joojoos. Imagine just going through a tank of 93 then find yourself in baja with only 87 - truck is gonna bang that knock sensor for a while until the computer realizes it has shit gas. Call me crazy, but I'm not a fan of this.

Being in Baja in general is shit gas. Going was the perfect opportunity for this tune because switching tunes around wouldve just made things difficult cause every station is different

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Being in Baja in general is shit gas. Going was the perfect opportunity for this tune because switching tunes around wouldve just made things difficult cause every station is different
I mean, not really. I can flash between tunes in like 20 seconds or so once the tuner is plugged in... I would rather have a dedicated 87 octane tune, than a tune expecting 93 and constantly relying on the knock sensor to make it 'safe' to run 87. This is my point. I run 91 because that is all I have here. I run a 91 tune. The tune expects it and that is what it gets, it doesn't rely on the knock sensor to get there. Sure the knock sensor is there to prevent detonation, but I see it as a safeguard, not something to rely on for my high performance tune.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter