SVC Tune Evaluation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
cpost6

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the different 5* tunes we have evaluated in both of our Raptors and 2 different SVC tunes along with current SVC in mine and current SVC tune in my sons and never a KAM reset in either. Both Raptors perform flawless and shifting is absolutely perfect with both SVC tunes. Shifting is quick and smooth, very precise with perfect shift points, holds gears perfectly, downshifts perfectly and absolutely no lag at any time. Very instantaneous when demanding lower gears! After loading tune you just need to drive enough for learning. Both Raptors just got better as we drove.

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this has been asked a bunch, probably even by me, but I'm too tired to backtrack. How much HP do you think you gain with the tune?

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I know this has been asked a bunch, probably even by me, but I'm too tired to backtrack. How much HP do you think you gain with the tune?

If expect about 10-20 hp gains depending on location, gas, and mods

-Jeff

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
It's not just the HP that makes the difference. It's the shift points, firmness, and the throttle input.

OP
OP
cpost6

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeff, on my data logged tune I would guess 20-30. It would take that much on a 6000lb truck to notice the huge performance gains both my son and I have with our SVC tunes.

marioec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would someone explain the procedure on how to reset the KAM ? I never read about this until now. do you do it before loading the tune or after ? I'm getting ready to switch from 87 octane tune to 93 and this will be the second time I load a tune in the raptor.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Depends on the tuner, my SCT does not have that nor the ability to adjust the TPMS

When was the last time you plug your scanner into the PC to check for Firmware/Software updates.

SCT is always updating. I only received my latest update last month (Dec.) for my X4 and I now have TPMS enabled.

OP
OP
cpost6

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When was the last time you plug your scanner into the PC to check for Firmware/Software updates.

SCT is always updating. I only received my latest update last month (Dec.) for my X4 and I now have TPMS enabled.

Remember, SCT recommends to make sure you have returned your vehicle back to stock before updating your device.