street legal fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wal-Mart has some, but how much fun could that be? I say buy some decent lights and aim them correctly, so that they don't blind on coming motorist. Even " street legal" lights are a bad deal, if not aimed correctly.

OP
OP
wanderfalk

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wal-Mart has some, but how much fun could that be? I say buy some decent lights and aim them correctly, so that they don't blind on coming motorist. Even " street legal" lights are a bad deal, if not aimed correctly.

Yes chris at freedom motor sports has a great rigid light set up that i will install but will still need something i can flip on while on road.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Chris can get you smoked covers for the Rigids if that helps. I know a couple of members run their Rigids on the roads, I try not to.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
what solutions are out there for street legal fog lights?

I have a set of Hella Optilux 1450's ( $30- $35 ) which are SAE approved for street use because there is a shield over the bulb. They come with a white 55 watt H3 bulb. I replace the bulb with a yellow 2500K fog bulb. They work good for filler light and add some width to the view at night. I run the fogs as my daylight running lights. Basically they are on 100% of the time.

The upper lights on the A Piller are slightly smaller Optilux 1400's, ( $ 30- $35 ). They do not have the shield over the bulb so are not really SAE approved for street. Same 55 watt bulbs.

DSCN5214_zps7ac4f8c5.jpg

BDRAG

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a set of Hella Optilux 1450's ( $30- $35 ) which are SAE approved for street use because there is a shield over the bulb. They come with a white 55 watt H3 bulb. I replace the bulb with a yellow 2500K fog bulb. They work good for filler light and add some width to the view at night. I run the fogs as my daylight running lights. Basically they are on 100% of the time.

The upper lights on the A Piller are slightly smaller Optilux 1400's, ( $ 30- $35 ). They do not have the shield over the bulb so are not really SAE approved for street. Same 55 watt bulbs.

BDRAG

I'd like to see a picture of the fogs off so I can see what they look like in the grille. Thanks

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score

HAHaaaaa. I forgot about that thread. I do not run those dual element lights anymore. They break often and its a pain to R & R them. The lens was bonded in so if they are on and hot and you hit a puddle the glass cracks. I did like the fact that they were wide focal on one and beam on the other all in the same unit. The idea was good but the durability sucked. So I went with just a single bulb that's fog only. So far so good. Been 3 or 4 months now I think.

BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
I'd like to see a picture of the fogs off so I can see what they look like in the grille. Thanks

I am trying to attach a pic from my phone, hope it works. YES! AHhaaaaa. The grill was trimed for the slightly wider dual lights. These are about 1/2 inch narrower but still looks so so. The lowers are the optilux 1450's and the hood lights are the slightly smaller 1400's. Like I always have said. LOW BUCKS but with the yellow H3 bulbs they light up all the road signs and give decent side and flood fill in light.

BDRAG

Attachments

• FOG LIGHT PIC.jpg
    FOG LIGHT PIC.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 143
Last edited: