Maximum coverage : fog lights or behind the grille

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bu3askoor

Reaction score
Ok let's do the XL80s.

I noticed that there are multiple designs for brackets . Is there a design that everyone likes?

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I throw my selection in the mix as well. I love me some Baja Designs. I feel they are the best made.
Squadron DOT fogs
Onx6+ 30" in bumper
XL80s with S1s on the side up on Apillar
That's some hella light. The fogs are perfect for daily and the others put out some much light that up to a 100mph I can't outrun it. And like others have said if you run in a group you are going to want something in the back.

On my Jeep I have
Sqaudron pros On Apillar
2x LP9s on my bumper. Wired for Hi only and the backlight amber wired into my blinkers.
Ton of light too but not even close to my truck output. I have even thought about
downsizing the LP9s to the 6 or the 4 cause I don't need that much light. I actually got the 9s when they first came out and didn't have the option for the 4 or the 6s.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240113_070719_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240113_070719_OneDrive.jpg
    390.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240105_135720.jpg
    20240105_135720.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 14

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yeah my eyes suck and even at .6 miles at 80 mph thats 27 seconds of reaction time/data. So basically what you’re saying is, two LP9 combo pros is all any of these trucks need period. I would do spots, but there are deer around here.
Maybe if you did a set of combos. The spots are great for distance, but as soon as I fire up my squadrons - combo pros, aimed low and 1 pair wide, I get a ton of fill in light.

- I run :
# 1 XL80’s + S1 lasers + S8
# 2 LP9’s
# 3 4x squadron pros / amber covers. 1 pair aimed low-ish and straight, 2nd pair aimed just a little bit outward and low-ish.
# 4 SAE squadron
# 5 the totally and completely necessary rock lights. :)
# 6 rear facing squadrons / also come on with reverse.
Now OP…you need some chase S1s View attachment 440039
That’s very nice. How did you mount them?

Another vote for XLs on the a-pillar.

View attachment 440139
Aspirations, AMIRITE?
When are you going to paint it?

I throw my selection in the mix as well. I love me some Baja Designs. I feel they are the best made.
Squadron DOT fogs
Onx6+ 30" in bumper
That's some hella light. The fogs are perfect for daily and the others put out some much light that up to a 100mph I can't outrun it. And like others have said if you run in a group you are going to want something in the back.

On my Jeep I have
Sqaudron pros On Apillar
2x LP9s on my bumper. Wired for Hi only and the backlight amber wired into my blinkers.
Ton of light too but not even close to my truck output. I have even thought about
downsizing the LP9s to the 6 or the 4 cause I don't need that much light. I actually got the 9s when they first came out and didn't have the option for the 4 or the 6s.

Onx6 is no slouch.
Been holding out for LP15’s for ... 2 years now? talkin’ about you @Baja Designs ...

Reaction score
SDHQ brackets, very solid. I have them and always recommend them.

Squadron Pro wide, Squadron Pro Spot, Squadron SAE fog kit. 40” OnX6 clear combo and amber combo, XL Racer on the a pillars.

Also running BD reverse lights, GJ 3BL with S2 x3, S2chase strobe lights in the rear, and just yesterday added some S2 behind the grill also attached to the strobe module. Strobes for when parked near a racecourse, need to be seen and not hit.

Contact me for a deal on some BD goodness.

IMG_0209.jpeg

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I "ditched" the ditch lights. I had the XL80's and the output was great. I just didn't use them enough and don't like anything around my wind shield. They didn't obstruct much but I'm just OCD like that. I don't even like shit mounted on my dash unless it's necessary. I have the S30 behind the grill and pocket lights. Take baby steps and add as you see necessary. I think I have plenty of lighting but everyone's needs differ.

Morgan

Reaction score
I have the SDHQ brackets. Seem solid.

SDHQ brackets, very solid. I have them and always recommend them.

Squadron Pro wide, Squadron Pro Spot, Squadron SAE fog kit. 40” OnX6 clear combo and amber combo, XL Racer on the a pillars.

Also running BD reverse lights, GJ 3BL with S2 x3, S2chase strobe lights in the rear, and just yesterday added some S2 behind the grill also attached to the strobe module. Strobes for when parked near a racecourse, need to be seen and not hit.

Contact me for a deal on some BD goodness.

View attachment 440444

SDHQ are consistently the most recommended bracket, but I cannot find answer to this question, "do they wear/rub the paint on the fender despite the little pad they stick on the bracket?"

Morgan

Reaction score
Squadron DOT fogs
Onx6+ 30" in bumper

On my Jeep I have
Sqaudron pros On Apillar

The DOT squadrons are really great- zero flashing from oncoming traffic and I use them regularly.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
SDHQ are consistently the most recommended bracket, but I cannot find answer to this question, "do they wear/rub the paint on the fender despite the little pad they stick on the bracket?"

They do not rub. In fact, SDHQ no longer provides the helicopter tape in the box. I believe they've made a running change to some of the brackets over the years to help avoid this. So the new bracket kits we get have no helicopter tape and are not rubbing at all. YEARS AGO when we first got them, yes they rubbed (thus the helicopter tape)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter