SPV Review!! Squadron Sport Behind Grill and Triple Rigid Radiance Fog Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dnovakovic4

Reaction score
I wanted to share some quick feedback about my experience with SPV.

I always knew what lighting combo i wanted installed on my truck but with how many options there are, I wanted to be sure before spending the money. I shot a quick text to Sydney from SPV and within minutes we hopped on a quick call and she gave me guidance and answered all questions I had. The end result is exactly what I wanted and more.

I have the Squadron Sport Behind the Grill Kit with the Spot - Driving Combo - Wide configuration. Then I got 2x Radiance and 1x Scene lights for the fog light package. I also got the AUX adapters so that when it came down to hooking up to my switches, it was a breeze.
I'm no wiring expert, actually very novice at this. But their instructions and the ease of use with their harnesses makes it almost impossible to screw anything up.

I put the spot lights on AUX 3 switch. Driving+Wide lights on AUX 2.
Fog Lights: I put the 2x Radiance on my regular fog light switch and the Scene lights on AUX 1.

Fog light install was incredibly easy, and wiring was simple plug and play.
Behind the grill install was also incredibly easy. Most time taken was bolting the bracket onto the grill, but even with that, it was easy and straight forward, just a little time consuming.

When my front grill was off the car I got a call that hurried me up a bit and gave me about 1.5 hours to finish. I panicked a bit b/c I had no wiring done. I called John from SPV and he immediately answered and gave me a 2 min run through of how everything hooks up. It was a breeze. I was a bit worried when i attacked the install myself as I've never done lighting hookups, only intakes/exhausts and easier bolt on items. This was a breeze and I can't thank SPV enough for their guidance and help as well as creating the harnesses to make this install so unbelievably easy!!!!

Please excuse the lack of pics. Haven't taken it out somewhere worthy of nice pics yet. Including the pics of just fog lights incase anyone wants to see what it looks like with just that.

A couple other items:
- I have the backlight wiring for the fog lights that will light slightly amber when the marker lights are on. I didn't think i'd like it, but if i didn't end up liking it, i would just unplug that 1 wire. I do now love it so i'll keep it. Will snap a pic at night incase anyone is interested.
- I got the clip on amber covers for the squadron lights. And it's actually a PERFECT fitment as I can remove them and slide the cover through the grille for when i don't need them. So i currently have it all without the amber cover, but when I took the pic i still had them on the car.
71873161135__D1D558F9-0E3B-49DF-8C4F-FEF9D6599268.jpegIMG_7592.jpeg

spudman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang that looks awesome! Any pics of the light pattern? I have been trying to convince myself to get the behind the grille kit for a while now.

Dnpbakon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can’t say this enough, Jon from SPV is the man.

I didn’t go with that grill kit because I didn’t want to remove any of the shutters ( my local dealers suck and would void any sort work request down the road) so I went with their lower grill kit and couldn’t be happier. The backlighting is sick and the lighting itself is PLENTY for my back roads to the hunting property and occasional Florida raptor run.

Attachments

• IMG_4749.jpeg
    IMG_4749.jpeg
    150.2 KB · Views: 167
  • AC181791-329C-4592-B907-2856569CE26B.jpeg
    AC181791-329C-4592-B907-2856569CE26B.jpeg
    231.3 KB · Views: 167

mclark202

Reaction score
Man this is what I need to hear. I'm so on the fence mainly because of the fear I'll break the grill removing it or something else. And I'm pretty good mechanically but man I really love my truck and don't want to screw anything up. Also, the wiring gives me anxiety as well, and I know its something I can do, I just fear getting into it and messing something up.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Man this is what I need to hear. I'm so on the fence mainly because of the fear I'll break the grill removing it or something else. And I'm pretty good mechanically but man I really love my truck and don't want to screw anything up. Also, the wiring gives me anxiety as well, and I know its something I can do, I just fear getting into it and messing something up.

Conquer your fears and just do it. Post up questions on FRF if needed.

OP
OP
Dnovakovic4

Dnovakovic4

Reaction score
I can't explain enough how easy it actually all is to install. SPV's wiring harness are super easy. The bumper comes off so. much easier than I thought. I used to work a lot on my old audi SQ5 and S4 and the bumper on those things was so much more of a pain to take off. This thing was a breeze. as NEX said.. just go for it! you'll figure it out 100%. I'd be more than happy to assist as well.

navy2x

Reaction score
Hey OP, one questions I’ve always had with front light bars behind grills is how do you pass inspection? I live in Virginia and I can’t install a light bar unless I have it covered or it is wired to the same circuit that makes it turn off when I turn on the high beams. Does anyone have experience with this?

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Hey OP, one questions I’ve always had with front light bars behind grills is how do you pass inspection? I live in Virginia and I can’t install a light bar unless I have it covered or it is wired to the same circuit that makes it turn off when I turn on the high beams. Does anyone have experience with this?

Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius.

A number of states ha e this requirement. I would install lights out in the open so you can put the covers on and off as required by your state.

Use the search function. Lots of fog light treads.

Wildcat1865

Reaction score
I can’t say this enough, Jon from SPV is the man.

I didn’t go with that grill kit because I didn’t want to remove any of the shutters ( my local dealers suck and would void any sort work request down the road) so I went with their lower grill kit and couldn’t be happier. The backlighting is sick and the lighting itself is PLENTY for my back roads to the hunting property and occasional Florida raptor run.

Is that photo of the light pattern all from the lower grill? Looks like combo pattern with some spot in the middle and some more difused* light on the sides unless I’m just seeing things.

Asking for a friend who has 3 aux switches remaining and has been considering the lower grill radiance kit from SPV as his “last” light addition…. This year.

Dnpbakon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that photo of the light pattern all from the lower grill? Looks like combo pattern with some spot in the middle and some more difused* light on the sides unless I’m just seeing things.

Asking for a friend who has 3 aux switches remaining and has been considering the lower grill radiance kit from SPV as his “last” light addition…. This year.
You are correct. The photo is stock figs with rigid amber light covers and then the lower light on aswell. I can take a pic tonight in JUST the light bar for reference.

I will say I just did a raptor run last weekend, and lead truck mentioned multiple time the lower light bar was extremely bright for chase. In my opinion, it’s the best option if you want forward light and don’t want to mess with grill/shutters.