Another SPV Review - DB Behind Grille Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kirkb

Reaction score
I recently ordered up the Baja Designs Behind Grille kit with Squadron Pros from @Specialtyperformanceparts. @Sidney was super helpful in answering all of my questions during the order process and the harness they sent with the kit made it super easy to install and connect to the upfitter switches (and I am complete novice on this stuff). Now I am just waiting on the RPG 3rd brake light so I can install that and the radio.

I am sure that the behind the grille installation does reduce the light output a small amount, but I really like it as I wanted to keep the truck looking semi civilized (at least for now).

IMG_1953.jpeg

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I recently ordered up the Baja Designs Behind Grille kit with Squadron Pros from @Specialtyperformanceparts. @Sidney was super helpful in answering all of my questions during the order process and the harness they sent with the kit made it super easy to install and connect to the upfitter switches (and I am complete novice on this stuff). Now I am just waiting on the RPG 3rd brake light so I can install that and the radio.

I am sure that the behind the grille installation does reduce the light output a small amount, but I really like it as I wanted to keep the truck looking semi civilized (at least for now).

View attachment 446589

Thank you so much for allowing us to earn your business, Kirk! It looks phenomenal!

Please let me know if I can ever assist you with anything else in the future!

Thanks!
Sidney @ SPV Parts
(317) 934-6778
[email protected]

(By the way, the "Sidney" you tagged in the post wasn't me, though. I don't have my own separate account on here currently, but maybe I should get on that soon... Lol :shrug:)

scottp6188

Reaction score

View attachment 446589
Stealth wrapped? Looks AWESOME might have to do this too.

OP
OP
K

kirkb

Reaction score
Yes - did the stealth wrap. Typically would not wrap an entire truck, but this one is going to see lots of use in So Cal and Baja, where there is tons of stiff brush on the sides of the trail. That combined with a dark color is a receipe for tons of visibile pin striping, so trying out the full Xpel (have only used it on the front of sports cars and the frames of mountain bikes in the past)

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes - did the stealth wrap. Typically would not wrap an entire truck, but this one is going to see lots of use in So Cal and Baja, where there is tons of stiff brush on the sides of the trail. That combined with a dark color is a receipe for tons of visibile pin striping, so trying out the full Xpel (have only used it on the front of sports cars and the frames of mountain bikes in the past)
Who did the stealth ppf and do you have a pic of the lights but with them off?

OP
OP
K

kirkb

Reaction score
American Wrap Co in Newbury Park did the PPF. Had the car done a few years back at Ghost Shield down the street. Both came out perfect and both have lots of very high end cars getting PPF all the time, so they are pretty meticulous (but not sure that is totally needed on a Raptor).

Here is a not so great pic with the lights off (but due to sun angle they are all in shadow and you cant really see much)
IMG_1987.jpeg