Red or black?? I'm so torn between the choices!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Black is the most popular color (don't know why)

But I think the Black hides many of the Raptor's design (especially at a distance) like the hood/fender vents fender flares, different grill, graphics, and bumpers. Since all these Raptor only pieces are dark-colored, get a brighter/lighter color to offset them, that way you truck looks like a Raptor at 50ft and at 10mi away....

Whenever I see other Raptors, I do the 'Jeep wave' or the 'biker wave' and spotting the Black ones is harder (Silvers are almost as bad).

Just my $0.02....

I agree.
The problem with black on all cars and trucks is that it "hides" the contours because the the shadows cast by the contours don't show as shadows on black.

OP
OP
bcjohnson22

bcjohnson22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't hate on any raptor, but I've got red and haven't regretted it a single second of any day. I don't do subtle. I know the raptor is a kick ass balls to the wall symphony of steel and rubber, but I want that extra bit of rub it in your face. That's red, Jack. Plus, my last name is also Johnson. America! **** yeah! (I may or may not have been drunk when writing this post)...(I was).

Hahaha thanks :lol2:

rsike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Red but I did a matte black wrap on it. I figure I'll keep the wrap on for a bit the I'll have brand new paint when I take it off. I've had a lot of black cars in the past and they look very good but the upkeep is significant.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Molten. But not available new. Unless you go used. Jack
b85b1578-1242-4d9d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They all look good, and wouldnt mind any of the colors, but something about black that makes everyone just get the hell out of your way.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Great thing about Red is how it becomes Molten when dirty! ; - )

'12 Race Red Raptor SCAB (Loaded to the max!)
SCABS are faster!!
'08 SeaDoo RXP-X Clockin' 80+ GPS