Raptor Served a Greater Purpose Yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MeenieMe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick update... USAA has treated me well, as most expected. Because of the high salvage value and significant diminished value if repaired, they have agreed to declare it a total loss. After much more consideration since the accident, I had decided that I would replace it with a new one regardless of whether it was repaired or deemed a total loss. To that end, I am the proud owner of a new SCREW ruby red raptor (other one is a SCAB, same color). A bit odd that I technically own two as of right now.

Since the value they were able to place on my upgrades was largely immaterial, I will be having many of them swapped/transferred over to my new truck (RPG Stage 4+, lights...being the two biggest ticket items). This will save me from having to re-purchase a lot of the same items, and allow me to buy other goodies.

Looking forward to having these loose ends tied up and getting back to other things in my life that don't involve talking to insurance companies (no offense, USAA), appraisers, body shops and Illinois civil/tort law.

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good on USAA, we've been clients for a long...long time and never had a bad experience. Glad it was a walk away encounter...any wreck that everyone walks away from is a great day. Shame about the truck, but clearly machines are replaceable, people aren't.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! I am glad that everything worked out for you and no one was seriously injured in the accident.

I went through a similar thing with one of our "cars of particular interest", although not as serious, it was two months of constant oversight to ensure everything was done correctly. I also received a check when I picked the car up for the diminished value that we negotiated.

Enjoy the new ride!!!

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since you are able to swap parts, are they allowing you salvage some stock parts?

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Congrats! I'm glad that's the way it went, it would have never been the same.

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah man, great to hear! Now let's get to the cannibalism portion I suggested a few weeks back, I want those HIDS. If you can get em' let me know ASAP, $$$$$ in your pocket for more mods to the new beast!

15 minute drive to Naperville. PM me if you're willing to share:mwah1:

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MeenieMe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah man, great to hear! Now let's get to the cannibalism portion I suggested a few weeks back, I want those HIDS. If you can get em' let me know ASAP, $$$$$ in your pocket for more mods to the new beast!

15 minute drive to Naperville. PM me if you're willing to share:mwah1:

As you can imagine, I can only swap and remove things that result in it being equivalent to stock... as that is the basis for the total loss fair market value and expected salvage value. I'm thinking that missing headlights may be a bit noticeable and not quite meet that requirement.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
As you can imagine, I can only swap and remove things that result in it being equivalent to stock... as that is the basis for the total loss fair market value and expected salvage value. I'm thinking that missing headlights may be a bit noticeable and not quite meet that requirement.

You get to toss his in their place...