Traded my TRX for a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KorthausInc

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I got an offer on my '23 TRX I couldn't refuse combined with irks with the truck itself and now I'm the proud owner of a '23 Ford Raptor! This is my first Ford ever and man is this truck nice. I won't get into differences or which one I think is overall better. I can tell you the only thing I miss from the TRX is the sheer speed/horsepower and that's about it. I was the second owner of that truck and only put about 1500 miles on it, had nearly 11k on it when I moved on from it. My Raptor has 28 miles on it and still has plastic on the seats. Still debating on keeping the graphics or removing them. It'll take some time to get used to the change in interior and controls but I love this truck. Glad to be on the forum and I'll be sure to search before I ask some of the dumber questions I'm capable of asking :anitoof:
Nice truck!!! I took my graphics off. I think it looks cleaner

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you started this with graphics….
Something I did on my white Gen 2 is I had satin black PPF put on the sides below the water line. It broke up the big look and gave me good protection. It also completes the black/magnetic line with the bumpers. I pulled off the stock steps and put on a pair of rock sliders and it worked great.

Reaction score
Well, I got an offer on my '23 TRX I couldn't refuse combined with irks with the truck itself and now I'm the proud owner of a '23 Ford Raptor! This is my first Ford ever and man is this truck nice. I won't get into differences or which one I think is overall better. I can tell you the only thing I miss from the TRX is the sheer speed/horsepower and that's about it. I was the second owner of that truck and only put about 1500 miles on it, had nearly 11k on it when I moved on from it. My Raptor has 28 miles on it and still has plastic on the seats. Still debating on keeping the graphics or removing them. It'll take some time to get used to the change in interior and controls but I love this truck. Glad to be on the forum and I'll be sure to search before I ask some of the dumber questions I'm capable of asking :anitoof:
I also traded in my TRX a few months back to get back into my 3rd Raptor for all of the obvious reasons.

Attachments

• 20240227_172920.jpg
    20240227_172920.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 20240127_172454.jpg
    20240127_172454.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Ellison3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. Glad to hear you like the Raptor. I actually went the other direction. Got rid of my Ford for a Dodge.

Love the instantaneous power of the Hemi. Although, my EcoBoost had mods that would put it in a different league when compared to stock. Like the fact I no longer have to worry about turbos, wastegates, etc.

Like you, my Expedition is missed. Hate the space I lost. Though, the Ram is more suited for towing my work RV. Power-wise the Expedition was well “modded” for it. However, the Dodge suspension is better setup for the task.

Enjoy the Raptor. These guys have tons of info available when you get that “Power Mod” itch!!! That’s why I came over from the Expedition forum.

I’ve enjoyed my time here. Will still visit to stay abreast of the knowledge shared here. I also am the guy at work people come to for help. So, this place will always be on my Rolodex.