Traded my Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1/2 ton truck seems like a good idea, except it isn't.

Way more negatives than positives.

Would been viable 20 years ago, not so much now.

There is a bunch of damn good reasons why Ford dropped theirs.

BigBlue20

Reaction score
I find it funny that GM’s inline 6 diesel makes less tq than the 3.5 in our trucks, not much less, but still, come on GM at least crack 500. I guess the fuel mileage is the attraction.
I was surprised to hear the rather low HP and Torque figures as well. But hey, not everyone needs a 1000 ft/lb torque monster. I get it. Buy what fits your needs or warms your heart. I’ve had more than a few GM trucks, and loved them until I didn’t. Now with the Raptor, I’ve not found a time I didn’t love it. But that’s me!

OP
OP
Syberspace

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was surprised to hear the rather low HP and Torque figures as well. But hey, not everyone needs a 1000 ft/lb torque monster. I get it. Buy what fits your needs or warms your heart. I’ve had more than a few GM trucks, and loved them until I didn’t. Now with the Raptor, I’ve not found a time I didn’t love it. But that’s me!
It pulls my 5000lb trailer very well. Just did a 100 mile trip in western PA (read, not flat) and I got 14.6 mpg, cruising @ 72+ most of the way. Open trailer with a RZR Turbo R 4 seat on it. Great performance off the line (low torque curve) with and without trailer.
Today, I got 29mpg cruising the same trip home, unloaded.
Liking the truck so far. Raptor was a ton of fun as well... would love to have both!

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well... i just traded my Raptor. Great truck and fun to drive, wanted a change and something a little lower to the ground for personal reasons I won't get into.
If you are interested, it is at Lake Chevrolet in Lewistown PA. Has 30k miles on it and was babied while I owned it.
37PP, power tech and pano roof, plus, PPF on the front with an Undercover Flex trifold hard tonneau. I left the wiring for the lights behind the lower grill (rigid connectors), plus the inner fog was upgraded with a Pro SR-M driving light. Otherwise, stock.
They have it listed for $74,988, which I think is reasonable.
I ended up with a 2023 Sierra Denali 1500 Diesel. Almost an even trade with the discount on the GMC.
I may be back in the future...
a Chevy! You are dead to me. Don't come to dinner, do not pass go, and fer sure ain't get your $200.

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It pulls my 5000lb trailer very well. Just did a 100 mile trip in western PA (read, not flat) and I got 14.6 mpg, cruising @ 72+ most of the way. Open trailer with a RZR Turbo R 4 seat on it. Great performance off the line (low torque curve) with and without trailer.
Today, I got 29mpg cruising the same trip home, unloaded.
Liking the truck so far. Raptor was a ton of fun as well... would love to have both!
I wasn’t knocking the diesel at all, kudos to GM for still making one in a half ton unlike Ford.