Help - feeling a little Raptor regret

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Friend. I am not reading any of this.

You failed us as a community. LOL jk jk.

Buy another one, make sure the records are clean.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The door placard says 38/38 cold, which I might use if I was hauling 1000 plus pounds of cargo. The Raptor Assault team recommend 32F 28R cold pressure as a best case compromise on running unloaded, giving a ‘flat’ tire footprint and good traction to/from and while off roading. On the street, if you run 38 you’ll wear the inside of the tire MUCH faster than at more realistic pressures. That’s another trick Ford used to eke out more range on the Rap. You’ll give up some economy and max range, but it’s not terrible. Most of the time I’m running around 35F, 33 rear maybe as low as 34/32 on the street. I’ve had success on the street at that psi, but if I’m going to off road I’ll lower the range a bit or quite a bit as needed - I keep a compressor in the truck.
I've actually had great wear with my KO2's with 38/35, I'm mostly on road. I change oil and rotate every 5K. I like the slightly higher range as it seems to handle better in hard cornering, yet still be pretty compliant.

Hallboss

Reaction score
Just traded in my 2014 Platinum for a Gen3. Had the same issue with the IWEs on the 2014. After multiple times to the stealership, with them telling me nothing was wrong, I did the Dorman IWE delete kit myself. Solved the problem completely and got rid of the wheel vibration/clicking noise also. Finally had reliable 4L and 4H, 40k miles later traded it with 105k satisfied miles for my Gen3.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did drop the rear tires down to 36 psi (warm) and it did make a difference. Thanks!
Still odd that it rode much better before going in for service with 38 psi cold all around. Definitely feels like a rear tire issue. I'll get it road force balanced soon and see.
The max psi on those tires is 35 i think per
Goodyear…

OP
OP
cmcpolo

cmcpolo

Reaction score
My Friend. I am not reading any of this.

You failed us as a community. LOL jk jk.

Buy another one, make sure the records are clean.
I think I was mostly dealing with an incompetent service department. Truck was a 1 owner vehicle, local, up-to-date service records, and literally not a single scratch anywhere on this thing. Skid plate was even polished. Never left the pavement as far as I can tell.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Just traded in my 2014 Platinum for a Gen3. Had the same issue with the IWEs on the 2014. After multiple times to the stealership, with them telling me nothing was wrong, I did the Dorman IWE delete kit myself. Solved the problem completely and got rid of the wheel vibration/clicking noise also. Finally had reliable 4L and 4H, 40k miles later traded it with 105k satisfied miles for my Gen3.
200.gif

1st post intro in an existing ‘woe is me’ thread.

;-)