Need a little help after minor accident.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anbviper

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m writing on here today to ask about a minor accident I just had. I was in the gym parking lot driving looking for a spot when this young kid in a Volkswagen runs the stop sign and hits my raptor in the side at a decently low speed I was going about 25 and he was going 10. His car was messed up pretty bad with it needing a completely new front bumper due to it being Cracked. The impact scratched my runningboards and made a little mark on the left rear fender over the tire. Well, I gave the car a good wash and it all came out and looks good as new the car also drives perfectly fine should I take the truck to the dealership to check if there are any underlying issues or do you think, the running board ate the impact well.

Here is a video, and again from what I can see it’s very minor. I looked at the mounting points under the board and they also look fine. I just mainly want to find out if the runningboards are built for that type of impact or if I have to get it checked out.

Rapta video

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, I don't see any problem on this raptor, a minor , minor, minor scratch.... The running board are" rock slider" , so don't worry at all... Enjoy !!!

Last edited:

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m writing on here today to ask about a minor accident I just had. I was in the gym parking lot driving looking for a spot when this young kid in a Volkswagen runs the stop sign and hits my raptor in the side at a decently low speed I was going about 25 and he was going 10. His car was messed up pretty bad with it needing a completely new front bumper due to it being Cracked. The impact scratched my runningboards and made a little mark on the left rear fender over the tire. Well, I gave the car a good wash and it all came out and looks good as new the car also drives perfectly fine should I take the truck to the dealership to check if there are any underlying issues or do you think, the running board ate the impact well.

Here is a video, and again from what I can see it’s very minor. I looked at the mounting points under the board and they also look fine. I just mainly want to find out if the runningboards are built for that type of impact or if I have to get it checked out.

Rapta video

If the other driver was at fault, you should be made whole again (New running board and fender flare). No reason to let him off the hook. Now, if insurance decides to go 50/50 due to conflicting stories, I would probably not fix those two items. I doubt there is any issue there other than cosmetic.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
when I read the thread title, I thought you needed help with the body. I’m partial to Dismal swamp but Smokies have some options too.

But, it seems you’re asking about the truck. You probably need a new fender flare - about 7-800.