Minor Suspension Upgrades Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey All,

Looking to replace some parts as it seems as its time 60K/Miles. 2019 SCREW
Daily Driven - - occasional truck bed load, tools 150LBS, appliances, materials.
I take the truck occasionally camping, trails, SVRA, a few runs w/ the boys in the desert but no jumps yet. but planning on doing more this next coming year

Looking on getting some advice as I have a parts in my cart currently:

Fox 3.0 Race Series F/R - Its just time & they look badass and sound future proof

Deavers - Any suggestions on my usage? +3 HD or just Standard // Or even +4's ive seen through around in a few posts - I don't mind the current height of the truck and my expectations are minimal as I'm pretty "new" to this and what these potential mods will change in height. (Trying to avoid the truck raising to high where the tires now look tiny currently on 35's ) - If I decide to go jump to 37's what else additionally would I be looking for ?

Drop Shackles -[Are these necessary?] From what I've been reading it might just be in my best interest to get these since the leafs are already getting replaced and this would potentially bring it back down to stock height from the 1" gained from the deavers

Bump Stop Kit Fox 2.5 - Open to suggestions

Appreciate all the advice gents! I've searched through the posts but everyones build is so different it was hard to get a straight answer for what I wanted to do or what I should include in my maintenance/upgrade list.

Thanks!

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The FFRS will raise the front 1in as they come from factory. It’s recommended to only go 1in higher by preloading coil overs.
So.. + 3 Deavers should put you at same rake as you currently have.
If you get + 4 Deavers you make like that take especially if you haul much, if +4 was a little high, you could do a 1in drop shackle, it’s easier to go down 1in in the back than it is to go up 1 in after buying springs. If you don’t do the aftermarket bump stops, you will need SDHQ factory bump stop plate and extensions for the factory rubber bumps.You would need the extra inch in the front for 37’s, or level the front to the +4 springs. 2 inches of Deavers claimed lift goes towards replacing the 2in factory block that incorporates your current bump stop pad. Confused yet?

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are several threads about 37’s on 0 offset wheels on a Gen 2, as well as a pretty good video by “ keep it dirty” on YT. You gotta pound some seams down in the front. Probably gonna rub if jumping it or flexing suspension on rocky off camber trail. Everyone’s story is different but 37’s on factory offset wheels rubbed the FFRS reservoir hoses and back of upper an arm on my Gen 2, that’s my story.Your mileage may vary. I just stuck with 35’s, I need + 4 Deavers now because I have 2 spares, recovery rack, CO 2 tanks, recovery equipment, etc in the bed and adding an overlanding rack at times. My back tires are rubbing in the wheel wells at full stuff.

Attachments

• 20230930_134451.jpeg
    20230930_134451.jpeg
    418.8 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
VelociBraptorr
Reaction score
The FFRS will raise the front 1in as they come from factory. It’s recommended to only go 1in higher by preloading coil overs.
So.. + 3 Deavers should put you at same rake as you currently have.
If you get + 4 Deavers you make like that take especially if you haul much, if +4 was a little high, you could do a 1in drop shackle, it’s easier to go down 1in in the back than it is to go up 1 in after buying springs. If you don’t do the aftermarket bump stops, you will need SDHQ factory bump stop plate and extensions for the factory rubber bumps.You would need the extra inch in the front for 37’s, or level the front to the +4 springs. 2 inches of Deavers claimed lift goes towards replacing the 2in factory block that incorporates your current bump stop pad. Confused yet?
ah, got it.

Lol still confusing but its making more sense- I think with my payload im probably gonna stick to the +3 Deavers, Any advice on HD or Standard? Does the HD really make a difference or can you only tell on a fully loaded rear end.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really don’t know about the standard or HD to be honest. I think the plus 4 is only HD so that’s one decision made for me as I’m definitely doing the plus 4. I’ll either use a drop shackle or tweet the front FFRS a little to get my ride height dialed in. And then I guess I’ll need to find a local dealer to recalibrate my ride height sensors. I’ve seen some say Forscan can do it, others say only the dealer software can recalibrate, it’s all so confusing. I got my FFRS from NeoGarage, a vendor on here, very happy with that decision. I will eventually get after market bump stops. I wish I had the funding to just do them and rear springs at the same time, I’d probably just remove the bed to make it easy. If you look for Nex’s build thread he goes over getting 37’s on a Gen 2 pretty well. But he has a bypass rack and Kings, don’t know how much difference that makes.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
If you look for Nex’s build thread he goes over getting 37’s on a Gen 2 pretty well. But he has a bypass rack and Kings, don’t know how much difference that makes.

giphy (1) (7).gif

OP, I would definitely put either Fox or King bumps in the back. Don't think I have heard of any Deavers binding up with a 2" rear shackle so go with the +4 Deavers. Then lower it with a 2" drop shackles. This will give you more future options by just replacing the shackle vs buying another set of springs. Call Deaver to make sure it would work ok. Let them know the length of your new shocks, because that might be your limiting factor already.

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
hey bro! Was a pleasure talking to you today on the phone and hopefully some of our conversation helped answer your questions regarding suspension changes!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter