Question for those that have their truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great to hear the positive feedback....that's one concern as I will trade my '15 Sierra Denali for the Raptor in a few months....I won't say I'm going on long trips but sounds like it will just as comfy as a family vehicle when we all go together....I prefer my truck over the wife's Durango....
once you own one you will be looking for excuses to runs errands in it. The hardest thing is not to drive it.

Scubasigguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would disagree. I've owned a bunch of regular-ish F150. The most recent, before the Raptor, was a Platinum with all the bells and whistles. The Raptor was hands down more comfortable to drive. The suspension, on the highway, is actually smoother due to it's suspension. Progressive valving of the shocks as well as the rear leaf springs make it a great ride. Team that up with the better seats in the Raptor and it's perfect for long drives.

I agree. I went from an EB Platinum, to a 2014 Raptor, and regrettably back to 2015 EB Platinum. The Raptor beat all of the Ford trucks I've owned in the last 6 years, hands down. The ride was much smoother both on and off the freeway, and I was very surprised about this at first.

I only have two concerns about the new Gen 2. The brakes on my 2014 were not nearly as good as either platinum. More importantly, my current truck has a jumpy rear end at speed on certain uneven surfaces. It's enough to scare you sometimes as it jumps sideways a bit. At first I thought it might be the lighter weight, but even with a few pounds of cargo in the back it will jump/skip sideways on occasion. My truck is a stock Plat. FX4, so the suspension isn't close to what the Gen 2 will have, so hopefully the lighter rear end isn't an issue.

Last edited: