Has Anyone had to have their front seat cover replaced?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the plastic clip that held down the front cover of the lower (the bottom piece you sit on) part of the passenger seat. The dealer ordered a replacement seat cover and foam. From what I was told there is no adjustment to the install. The seat now looks like you put a slipcover on it instead of looking like a nice Recaro seat. I called Ford and they said I must take it to another dealer to look at it before they will escalate this. Anybody else have experience this? The fabric in the middle of the seat actually floats about an inch off of the foam cushion. The original dealer offered at this time to try having it go to an upholstery shop, which was nice of them, but I'm afraid that could be opening another can of worms.

I'm hoping to push Ford to get me an assembled seat bottom, but apparently that's not the normal way they do Raptor seats. They do ship some models as an assembled unit, but not Raptors. :banghead:

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pictures, yes

Upholstery shop yes

Assembled unit, no. Assembled unit of any item are only available for current model production units.

That seat is not currently in production going down the Assembly line getting installed as a "unit" in a currently produced vehicle.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pictures would really help with this thread.

I would trust an upholstery shop over the dealer.
It's hard to get a picture to show how crappy the fit is. The seat bottom cover is now almost flat across, because the seat cover is just floating across the top. If I press my finger down in the middle, the fabric is about an inch off of the foam base.

1682546782315.jpeg

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have an appointment tomorrow at a second dealer, I would guess after that it will be approved to go to an upholstery shop. I know next to nothing about upholstery, short of recovering a few race seats on bikes. I know from some videos I've seen of custom shops doing seats, they use steam, heat guns, and a lot of pounding, to get the seat coverings to look good.