Has Anyone had to have their front seat cover replaced?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Back when I used to work on the Oregon Trail recovering bench seats, there were also attachment points in the middle of the seat. They had to be secured with hog rings. Now before your pants get tight, you can't make bacon out of them.
That's what seems so odd, the middle is literally hanging/suspended in the air, just like my saggy old n uts.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
You can undo the seat cover and make sure it's properly installed. I pulled the driver side lower cover on my '18 to fix the seat heater. It wasn't a big deal. Beats letting the dealer get their meat hooks on it again.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I appreciate the replies, I have to think that there is something to get it to fit nicely beyond just laying it over the seat. I'll see what the other dealer says tomorrow, I'm assuming it will be something like, "Yep, that looks like hell. Nope, we have no idea how to make it better." One way or another it will be going to an upholstery shop.

Reaction score
Had driver seat cover replaced twice due to this issue and creases. The result were creases just moved to another part. Another issue are the plastic j-hook clips holding down the seat cover. Bad design and always popping off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter