Has Anyone had to have their front seat cover replaced?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back when I used to work on the Oregon Trail recovering bench seats, there were also attachment points in the middle of the seat. They had to be secured with hog rings. Now before your pants get tight, you can't make bacon out of them.
I know my gen1 seat has hog rings ,had mine replaced when I first got my truck

SRQ_Raptor

Reaction score
Had driver seat cover replaced twice due to this issue and creases. The result were creases just moved to another part. Another issue are the plastic j-hook clips holding down the seat cover. Bad design and always popping off.
My J clips are all popped off on my drivers seat. It is a PITA to get them back on too.... Is there any reason I shouldnt just leave them unclipped?

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got my truck back from a different dealer yesterday. It looks perfect now! :banana-mario: The tech said, "Pretty much everything that could be done wrong, was done wrong." Missing/not attached hog rings, heater element not in correctly, some kind of clip was not clipped in. Now it looks like it did when it was shipped! The odd thing is the first dealer has a really strong rep as a top servicing dealer. I guess someone needs training in the upholstery stuff.

Funny thing is the service writer at the first dealership said the service manager had to have his seat fixed and his is the same way!