Question for those that have their truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Gen 1 is great for long distances. Drove it for 14+ hours in one day, multiple times, with no discomfort, harsh ride etc.

I can't imagine the Gen 2 would be worse in that regard.

I'm at 20k on my KO2's(E rated ones) and it's not loud at all.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[Sorry, OP, have to get this off my mind]

Guys-- He's is baiting you and it's working. On the flip side, the more you bait him, the more he spams. The amount of useless threads and posts makes it hard for the rest of us to get to the information. Please just ignore him for everyone's sanity.

ldhacker

Reaction score
I have a 13 with 170200 miles on it. I drive it every day. 5 hour trips to my lake house. I drive anywhere at any time. I put the KO2 tires on it at 130K. I will drive my new one the same.

gyrotech

Reaction score
If everything works out, I'm picking up my gen 2 tomorrow in PA, then driving it 1800 miles back to Austin, then in a week, driving it to Vail. I'll let you know how it does for a long road trip.

OP
OP
F

FFCars

Reaction score
If everything works out, I'm picking up my gen 2 tomorrow in PA, then driving it 1800 miles back to Austin, then in a week, driving it to Vail. I'll let you know how it does for a long road trip.

Would love to hear your report.

Thanks everyone for your input.

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would disagree. I've owned a bunch of regular-ish F150. The most recent, before the Raptor, was a Platinum with all the bells and whistles. The Raptor was hands down more comfortable to drive. The suspension, on the highway, is actually smoother due to it's suspension. Progressive valving of the shocks as well as the rear leaf springs make it a great ride. Team that up with the better seats in the Raptor and it's perfect for long drives. I've got 94k+ miles on my 2014 and I'm gonna keep it running as long as possible due to these facts.

The new Gen2's apparently have a lot more features that people are looking for these days like auto wipers and bright lights, lane assist, adaptive cruise, etc. Not a fan of those options, but they are there for those that are used to them. I love driving my Rap over the wife's $80+ Infinity!!!

Overall, the Raptor is a great choice for long rode trips. The biggest benefit is if you find a gravel rode that you always wanted to go down, you blast down that and beat the crap out of truck, hop back onto the highway and drive on to your destination. You're not gonna sacrifice any ride quality with this truck, guaranteed.

Can I buy your wife's Infinity for $80? :biggrin: