Ride quality question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cajunproc

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I recently bought a used 23 raptor with 5k miles. So far I'm really enjoying the truck and I don't have any complaints so far. I've been reading a lot about other people's experiences and one thing I noticed is that everyone seems to rave about the ride quality, but to me it's not anything amazing when it comes to driving over terrible roads. I can feel pretty much every bump in the seat. It doesn't beat me up but it's definitely felt. Now I'm not saying it's bad, but compared to what everyone else is saying it seems like my experience is totally different. And for reference, my girlfriend drives a Kia Niro and I feel like that has a smoother ride.

Could there be any issues with such low milage? Or are people over hyping how good it is?

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that doesn’t work download Forscan and see if your shocks are calibrated correctly.

There was also an issue where the wire going to the Live Valve shocks on the front were wearing, causing the front shocks to lockout. I think it usually happens on the passenger side

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I noticed is that everyone seems to rave about the ride quality, but to me it's not anything amazing when it comes to driving over terrible roads
Man, sorry to hear that. The bad news is, it’s totaled. The good news is, I’ll take it off your hands for $16,750.00.
for reference, my girlfriend drives a Kia Niro and I feel like that has a smoother ride.
Jayzus! How were you able to register at FRF? Have our standards fallen SO far that we’re now letting in Kia owners? Please tell me that kia was free...

Mine is at 38 for both front and rear.

As previously mentioned, this is the lion’s share of your observation. Raptor Assault recommends 32/28 as a compromise for any terrain type you may have to drive to. air down if you can off road, but if not, you can get away with 32/28. That is unladen, maybe 1 passenger. if you up the payload, up the psi. use 38/38 for a full payload

At that psi with no payload you’ll wear out the center of the tires by about 32k miles with your edges fully intact.

The ’17-’18 MY Raptors have an edge in ride quality in terms of compliance and comfort over the later model years with Fox live valve shocks. I have buddy, former ’19 owner who campaigned the SDI e-click (?) for a while and eventually sold it, unable to configure it to be as compliant as the earlier MY trucks. That said, I think once you start lowering the psi down to more reasonable levels you’ll see an improvement that is very noticeable.

And either upgrade your g/f or her ride. You can’t have her bouncing around in a kia fer f*ck’s sake with you having a Raptor.

ramrodraptor

Reaction score
i thought i was the only one....
im at 34 , 31 psi front rear.
i can feel every little bump on the road. its not BAD- but its not anywhere near what I was told when I bought the truck.
i still love it and plan to own a raptor forever- maybe the new shocks on the 24s will be better?

its def not a cushy ride at low speeds though. oh well.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These threads are comical. If your Kia rides better than your Raptor, buy another Kia. It’s an off road truck, not a Cadillac. It’s become a status symbol and the new owners show that, people have no idea what they are buying.