Forscan- New Ride Height Sensor Calibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OCGen3

Reaction score
Has anyone installed and configured a new ride height sensor? I’ve posted about my rough ride issues elsewhere and in an attempt to diagnose/address the issue I ordered two new ride height sensors with the intention of replacing at least the right rear but possibly both rear sensors because when I run ride height diagnostics on Forscan the right rear is always askew. I attempted to install the new sensor this evening but once plugged in, the ride height value was way off causing a drive fault that stopped me from entering ET mode and therefore couldn’t run the height calibration. I also attempted to run the height sensor calibration assuming that the new sensor needed to be calibrated, but forscan interrupted the process at 8% due to incorrect vehicle configuration but feel confident everything was correct. Anyone installed a new sensor successfully? Are the sensors corner specific by part number? I’m assuming not and they simply need to be calibrated/zeroed out upon installation; but if I received a sensor for the wrong corner that could easily explain it.

munch520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a mess. Sounds like maybe the truck isn't registering the new sensor and that will lock you out of recal.

I replaced my passenger side rear because it was broken when they put my Geiser springs in. Drove around for a few weeks with it broke and had no fault warnings and could change drive modes, into 4H no issue, etc. Once I had the new part on I had a shop recal ride height with no issue. I don't think they are side-specific but I think the rears are different from the fronts.

714raptor

Reaction score
Do you have the part number by chance? My passenger rear is broken too and wanting to get it replaced. Thank you.

flyitaway

Reaction score
Has anyone installed and configured a new ride height sensor? I’ve posted about my rough ride issues elsewhere and in an attempt to diagnose/address the issue I ordered two new ride height sensors with the intention of replacing at least the right rear but possibly both rear sensors because when I run ride height diagnostics on Forscan the right rear is always askew. I attempted to install the new sensor this evening but once plugged in, the ride height value was way off causing a drive fault that stopped me from entering ET mode and therefore couldn’t run the height calibration. I also attempted to run the height sensor calibration assuming that the new sensor needed to be calibrated, but forscan interrupted the process at 8% due to incorrect vehicle configuration but feel confident everything was correct. Anyone installed a new sensor successfully? Are the sensors corner specific by part number? I’m assuming not and they simply need to be calibrated/zeroed out upon installation; but if I received a sensor for the wrong corner that could easily explain it.
Were you able to fix it? Have this issue right now