Gen 3 ride height sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m contemplating doing either the geiser or Eibach front and rear springs on our Gen 3. It was a 35 package and I put Nitto 37’s on stock bead lock wheels. It filled out the wheel wells and doesn’t rub anywhere for daily driving duty. From reading the Geiser website, my interpretation is the PCM on a Gen 3 automatically adjusts for ride height every time you start the truck and one does not need to recalibrate the sensor via Forscan. Does anyone know if that is correct.
I have 2in lift Eibachs on my Gen 2 and I think they improved the truck for my purposes. Today I’ve only done mild wheeling on forest roads and traction control off power slides on some dirt.
Have not come across any type of jump to get any air time to see if the front bottoms out. I have not recalibrated to ride height sensors. The Gen 3 is likely to never see any” wheeling” , it’s our garage queen. I call the Gen 2 “ The Beater”, I intend to wheel it whenever the opportunity arises .
Currently I do not see the Eibach front and rear kit in stock anywhere. The Geiser kit is about $500.00 more than the Eibach kit. Wondering if Geiser is that much better? I know they are progressive versus linear, I doubt that matters for a daily driver.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The VDM performs a self test on each key cycle, but it does not calibrate the ride height. Doing so would result in performance issues since it would be calibrating on uneven surfaces. A scan tool is needed to perform the ride height calibration.

OP
OP
Sig Fanboy

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The VDM performs a self test on each key cycle, but it does not calibrate the ride height. Doing so would result in performance issues since it would be calibrating on uneven surfaces. A scan tool is needed to perform the ride height calibration.
Thanks, I thought as much, but reading the text from Geiser site it’s kinda misleading.

JayRods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following this
I just put Geiser springs on last week. It rides amazing, so I'm not sure if I need to do anything or not.

JayRods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is the ride with them? Anything change
Rides great. I was really worried that I was going to loose the amazing factory ride, but it is the same or better. I carry a lot of extra weight so the rear springs really made a big difference leveling out the truck for me. It sits perfectly level right now with the 740 lbs extra weight that I carry in the back. That is a pull out tray full of tools and parts, and the Dimondback cover.

I'm going to do a Texas Raptor in August so I'll unload 80% of that and see how it sits :/

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went from 35s and stock springs to 37s and Eibachs (front and rear). I used FORScan to adjust the tire size and went through the process to reset the VDM also, but did them at the same time. I'm not sure which one made a bigger difference, but 100% the truck shifts better and rides better afterward.

Viewsflores

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went from 35s and stock springs to 37s and Eibachs (front and rear). I used FORScan to adjust the tire size and went through the process to reset the VDM also, but did them at the same time. I'm not sure which one made a bigger difference, but 100% the truck shifts better and rides better afterward.
Would you say the Eibachs keep the
Do you know if taking it to a dealership they are able to recalibrate the ride height? Instead of using forscan.

2orque43

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m contemplating doing either the geiser or Eibach front and rear springs on our Gen 3. It was a 35 package and I put Nitto 37’s on stock bead lock wheels. It filled out the wheel wells and doesn’t rub anywhere for daily driving duty. From reading the Geiser website, my interpretation is the PCM on a Gen 3 automatically adjusts for ride height every time you start the truck and one does not need to recalibrate the sensor via Forscan. Does anyone know if that is correct.
I have 2in lift Eibachs on my Gen 2 and I think they improved the truck for my purposes. Today I’ve only done mild wheeling on forest roads and traction control off power slides on some dirt.
Have not come across any type of jump to get any air time to see if the front bottoms out. I have not recalibrated to ride height sensors. The Gen 3 is likely to never see any” wheeling” , it’s our garage queen. I call the Gen 2 “ The Beater”, I intend to wheel it whenever the opportunity arises .
Currently I do not see the Eibach front and rear kit in stock anywhere. The Geiser kit is about $500.00 more than the Eibach kit. Wondering if Geiser is that much better? I know they are progressive versus linear, I doubt that matters for a daily driver.

Off-topic question here but what Nitto's specifically did you go with? I have the stock bead locks also and was thinking of going 37's. Would you happen to any pictures if the fitment/stance with the Nittos? I know the KO2's fit well, just going through my options.