GEN 2 Quality Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bark beetle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New serious consequence issue identified, easy fix!

Improperly secured wiring harnesses can come loose and melt on the exhaust system. Two cases have shown up on the forums so far. Check your wiring harness mounts around the manifolds, turbos, and down pipes. Easy to check and fix if it is loose so worth posting even if it only affects a few trucks.

Trucks will stop running in the most inconvenient location possible.

13488f184cbeb449483d22c6f818bf8e.jpg
9cd1f8314d0833ab882d4987a0196dd0.jpg
5af16dcaedced9d4c74aba5dbccedfc3.jpg

A few of us were wondering if a thread like this was necessary. I wasn't sure but I am down at the dealer today while my skidplates and subwoofer get installed and the service rep and I found more issues so I have decided to post it so that you might have a better purchasing experience and fewer trips to the dealer. Mine is over an hour away.

So here is a list of items you may want to check on your truck, some of these are fairly common and most appear to be rare:
- Ford Performance Labeled engine cover
- Rusty half shafts, live axle, front driveshaft, skidplate
- Oil leaks
- Transmission issues (there are a few different ones showing up on different threads)
- Full set of skid plates
- Subwoofer (installed behind driver seat)
- Battery tray damage (see pic)
- Hood damage (see explanation, may be unique)
- Fit on bed side rail caps, cups out just behind cab
- Transport damage (scratches, dents, etc)
- wiring harness support anchors (I have found several unclipped)
- vibrations (wheel/tire balancing issues have been identified)
- mismatched headlights
- camera function
- mismatched seatbelt mounts
- leather quality/consistency on the seats
- rear axle not centered left/right
- paint peeling on roof

Pics
dea7aafff11170b6daf351af249556cc.jpg

Hood damage was caused by a bolt that was left on the cowl. I had the hood up at least four times already and didn't notice it. When I opened the hood at the dealer the bolt rolled off and fell down into the engine, and that is what we both noticed. It took about 5 minutes to find the bolt. My best guess is that it is a skid plate bolt that was left on the cowl when transmission repairs were made at the factory. Dealer is ordering a new hood today. Sad.
3c414f7572f5064af6e45c090d59ed9b.jpg
d692fa14cfe899a614a8ad63cba204f7.jpg
1cbd7d91bbd47de77ec1197312e39c4d.jpg

If you have more, please send them and I will add them to the list above.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
A few of us were wondering if a thread like this was necessary. I wasn't sure but I am down at the dealer today while my skidplates and subwoofer get installed and the service rep and I found more issues so I have decided to post it.

When was your build date/delivery?

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
10/14/16 build, 2/7/17 delivery, 93 miles on OD forgot to check hours, no paperwork or sticker of mileage provided to me even though I asked for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Jesus. I would've gone crazy with a 4 month delay from build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Useful info thank you. Looks like Ford needs to reel in the QC checks before releasing a premium vehicle like the Raptor.