Issues after SYNC upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Highpox1

Reaction score
Upgraded to SYNC 3.4.23188 yesterday. I was having to reset everything when starting up with the previous version. This version has introduced some new issues. One is that the light in the change tray (front center console) now stays on for 10 minutes...It stays on glowing blue with the rest of the interior black. So something was reprogrammed there. But it does eventually go out.

The other issue is the SIRIUS radio channel line up. All the stations just say SIRIUSXM. No info, but if you push one you get the correct station from before. The identifiers are gone. I talked to the dealer, and there is apparently a notice sent to them a few weeks ago identifying this as a SYNC glitch. There is a communication problem between the radio and the 'APM'.? Not sure I am saying that right. Anyway it can't load the icons for the SIRIUS radio stations. They think they can re-program this. Will try next week....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Highpox1

Highpox1

Reaction score
Follow up to the missing Sirius radio channel labels (icons). The update to SYNC was on Monday, Mar 4th. All week the radio station labels remained the same- SIRIUSXM on every channel. Yesterday, after 5 days, they magically reappeared. Very delayed reaction, but they are back. Did it take 5 days (and enough exposure time in the open) for these to eventually download? Maybe so. Yeah....

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Delete all phones from the system and do the "Master Reset" now, this should have been done before the update but better late than never.