Strange issues with Raptor R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have some strange issues happening on a new R. I get a front headlamp warning that always comes on with a hood ajar warning. One time the compressor turned off and the truck went into limp mode. Brought it to the dealer and they saw a ton of other electrical codes. They thought I had a bad battery and changed the battery. Now it is doing it all again. Any ideas?

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Electrical gremlins are sometimes very tough to diagnose. Keep taking it back to the dealership. If you have a capable Ford Tech, he'll figure it out with the help of the Ford system and support. I had a 2017 F350 that was bought back due gremlins that they couldn't find. They even sent two engineers from Michigan. They tried awful hard though.

cr23raptor1983

Reaction score
I feel for you man. My business is finding electrical issues in building management systems.... sometimes I look like a hero, other times I've been in buildings for months finding the missing link.
In these trucks(or modern day cars) finding electrical gremlins can be difficult. A good tech(in any industry) can read schematics and start from point a- then work the way thru the "map"(schematic). The issue will show itself, it can't "run and hide".

I just put 3k miles on my new r over the last week and half' road trip to Florida from maryland. Had no issues and fair to say this truck is good.
I'd reach immediately out to ford and document the issue... majority or ford techs at dealers are not electrical diagnostic experienced- they follow the book and computer if ya will. Could it have been a battery? Possibly. But if it was a battery, ALL high load accessories would damper, also more than likely the truck would have an issue consecutively when enabling the vehicle "on".

wyomingraptor

Reaction score
So I have some strange issues happening on a new R. I get a front headlamp warning that always comes on with a hood ajar warning. One time the compressor turned off and the truck went into limp mode. Brought it to the dealer and they saw a ton of other electrical codes. They thought I had a bad battery and changed the battery. Now it is doing it all again. Any ideas?
I recently had my Raptor in for the valve covers and front cover replacement.
I also had a low battery and headlight warning Looked at while it was there.

They replaced the battery and headlight control module. Part number if it helps is ML3Z 13K198B If I remember correctly it is located under the steering wheel.

Nothing seemed to cause any trouble and nothing was leaking. The dealer hounded me to get it in. I ignored them for a couple months.

OP
OP
Quaesta

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently had my Raptor in for the valve covers and front cover replacement.
I also had a low battery and headlight warning Looked at while it was there.

They replaced the battery and headlight control module. Part number if it helps is ML3Z 13K198B If I remember correctly it is located under the steering wheel.

Nothing seemed to cause any trouble and nothing was leaking. The dealer hounded me to get it in. I ignored them for a couple months.
Thanks for the info.