Strange electrical Raptor problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

codabass

Reaction score
I have 2019 ford raptor with 60,000 easy road miles. Never had an issue until a few weeks ago. When I turn on the interior electrical fan for the ac/vent or heater the dash 2x4, 4x4 hi low switch flashes on and off as does the indicator light next too the mph meter inside the dash. Even more strange the over head cabin switch go bright thwn dim in rythum with the fan motor. The truck toggles between 2x2 and 4x4 transfer and doesn’t know when to position itself. If I turn off the interior fan all suddenly remains calm and back to normal.

One shop couldn’t work on it because they didn't have the necessary computer so now I have an appointment with ford dealership in two weeks.

Can anyone help me? I greatly appreciate your expertise and advise. Thank you jim

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
I have 2019 ford raptor with 60,000 easy road miles. Never had an issue until a few weeks ago. When I turn on the interior electrical fan for the ac/vent or heater the dash 2x4, 4x4 hi low switch flashes on and off as does the indicator light next too the mph meter inside the dash. Even more strange the over head cabin switch go bright thwn dim in rythum with the fan motor. The truck toggles between 2x2 and 4x4 transfer and doesn’t know when to position itself. If I turn off the interior fan all suddenly remains calm and back to normal.

One shop couldn’t work on it because they didn't have the necessary computer so now I have an appointment with ford dealership in two weeks.

Can anyone help me? I greatly appreciate your expertise and advise. Thank you jim
Does it actually shift into 4X or is it just a light deal

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check your battery voltage when it’s off and when it’s rpm’d up around 3k

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius.

Anything aftermarket on the truck? Lights, stereo etc. It sounds like it's back feeding, looking for a good ground. @FordTechOne might be able to shine more light in it.

Check battery voltage. If it don't have a voltmeter or the knowledge then go to a parts store. They can test the battery and some can test the charging system as well.

OP
OP
C

codabass

Reaction score
Thank you. It shows (stock meter in truck) 13.5 volts then after 20 min up to 14 volts. When you turn it off it drops suddenly to 12 volts. ???