Differences between F150 Raptor and Raptor R?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
It's mainly the engine, if I'm correct? Raptor has the 3.5 V6 and the R has the 5.2 V8..

This seems like a really silly question but: if it has the 3.5....then it's not an R, right?

Reason for asking: went and looked at one today....they kept telling me it was an R.... but it has the 3.5 V6....is there anything else that makes it an R that I'm missing?

Am I crazy here?

Last edited:

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"they tell me it's an R , but it has a 3.5" :happy175:

Put a R sticker on a prius , spend one night sleeping as a baby and see what happen, we never know...

I notice " elizabethfrench" es tu française ? Car là, tu viens de donner de la matière pour qu'on se moque de toi !!!!

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a shame that there's not some sort of sticker with all this information that they could put on the window to show you....

Difference includes about 30k. There's your first hint.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had a car salesman try to tell me wrong information about the 03/04 Cobra Mustang and I had to set him straight. Then a guy at work tried to tell me the 03/04 Cobra was 390/390 and the 03/04 Cobra Terminator was 420/420. Wrong. Made a 100 bucks off him. Ignorance is one thing but you should know what you're selling.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's mainly the engine, if I'm correct? Raptor has the 3.5 V6 and the R has the 5.2 V8..

This seems like a really silly question but: if it has the 3.5....then it's not an R, right?

Reason for asking: went and looked at one today....they kept telling me it was an R.... but it has the 3.5 V6....is there anything else that makes it an R that I'm missing?

Am I crazy here?
It could be it was a 37s package with the 3.5. The ding d o n g sales people might have seen "the one with big tires" and thought it was an R.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter