NC property tax. Grrrrrr

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fellow NC here, they sent me the tag with the Good ol big orange T sticker until I pay the $586 fee.

Yep I got the exact same thing... it’s rediculous.. I hope this is only year they charge me this much for a tag in NC. I need to type up some fake military orders to show them at the registration office. That’s all I had to do previous 15 yearsvin NC while active duty. I didn’t know civilians got bent over so bad till now by the state

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

My raptor is almost 8 years old and I paid $975 in VA this past year. It really hasn't gone down that much in all those years.

Dang VA hits harder then NC. I thought we had it the worst. I might have to sell the house on Carolina Beach to pay for this tag each year.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly NV is one of the worst regarding reg cost, (probably because of being near CA) $500.00 is average across my fleet. But, we don't have any income tax...so there's that.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Every state gets its money somewhere....aka don't worry you are going to get ****** by the government tax man and you are not getting a reach around. Could be your car, your income, your house, hell Florida used to tax toilet paper...

Last edited:

Obscure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SC sales tax capped at $500 now for vehicles (they call it a fee, not a tax), but yearly property tax on a raptor is roughly $1600 for my county. Only goes down slightly each year. I'd rather get bent over up front than take it year after year, but this is also why I only keep a vehicle 11 months.

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep I got the exact same thing... it’s rediculous.. I hope this is only year they charge me this much for a tag in NC. I need to type up some fake military orders to show them at the registration office. That’s all I had to do previous 15 yearsvin NC while active duty. I didn’t know civilians got bent over so bad till now by the state

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Dang VA hits harder then NC. I thought we had it the worst. I might have to sell the house on Carolina Beach to pay for this tag each year.

My Porsche is close to $1700 a year and this doesn't include property tax on our house. We do have great schools though....