NC property tax. Grrrrrr

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOLOLOLOL and you guys say California is bad? WTF? We don't pay any tax except sales tax, one time done forever.

Miker397

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In OH I paid about $45 a tag every year regardless of vehicle. Now in MI it's about $475 for the Raptor, $900 for my 16 year old Ferrari 360, $750 for 14 aston Martin, $150 for g35 coupe, and $425 for the Xfr. Annoying and adds up. Part of the reason I sold my 911 turbo which hasn't been getting love lately.

Then, my boat, jetskis, snowmobiles have $35 annual tags. Could have a $1m boat and still $35.

D

Deleted member 12951

Yea I don’t mind on all my houses I have I’m just not use to the vehicle. And 600 seems alittle high, almost as much as my insurance for the thing for a year

"all my houses" and you are complaining about $600 a year ($50 a month, cost of dinner for two)? Geez, I only own one house, no complaints.

Sell a house or the GEN2.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
which california do you live in? just because they call it a fee doesnt mean its not a tax

What? We only pay taxes on things ONCE in CA - not every year as a 'property tax' like some other states. The exception to that is, of course, real estate property tax. We do have to register the car each year but there are also no yearly state (money grab) inspections either. I guess we pay for it with our stupid high gas prices :D

marilynsride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What? We only pay taxes on things ONCE in CA - not every year as a 'property tax' like some other states. The exception to that is, of course, real estate property tax. We do have to register the car each year but there are also no yearly state (money grab) inspections either. I guess we pay for it with our stupid high gas prices :D

600 bucks a year registration fee feels like a tax to me, my son pays under 100 in texas (i want to say about 65 but that may have gone up) on the same raptor as mine

MTheory

Reaction score
Fellow NC here, they sent me the tag with the Good ol big orange T sticker until I pay the $586 fee.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That fee will go down each year as the property value in their system depreciates. I was in the same boat. Mine has gone down about $100 each year...

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My raptor is almost 8 years old and I paid $975 in VA this past year. It really hasn't gone down that much in all those years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc