How good are 2017 & 18 Raptors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kamil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet like most guys on this forum who own 17s and 18s we could have all gotten pretty much any truck we wanted given the price of the Raptor. In my case I drove most trucks in the 70K+ MSRP range and I can only say that I was only impressed with the Raptor. I use my truck for daily driving and will be using it a bit off road when the time comes but this truck simply has it all. I come from high end luxury cars which I still have and needed a truck for my business. There is a reason why most guys that have money own Raptors, that reason is that its simply an amazing and refined truck.

Get the raptor you wont look back.

RaptorUSN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love this thing. Performance and capabilities are great for a daily driver no matter what the conditions are. I was torn between the Raptor and an X5M and I don’t regret my decision at all. Mods are also a heck of a lot cheaper coming from the BMW world.

DANACO

Reaction score
I love this thing. Performance and capabilities are great for a daily driver no matter what the conditions are. I was torn between the Raptor and an X5M and I don’t regret my decision at all. Mods are also a heck of a lot cheaper coming from the BMW world.

How does one even consider a choice comparison between these two ? I could see having both if I could afford them togeather but to choose one or the other I find just a bit odd, I mean no offense, they’re just so extremely different.

RaptorUSN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does one even consider a choice comparison between these two ? I could see having both if I could afford them togeather but to choose one or the other I find just a bit odd, I mean no offense, they’re just so extremely different.

So here’s the break down to maybe make it not as odd. I needed a daily driver, but wanted something that would also be a weekend toy/hobby. Wanted it to be performance luxury not luxury performance. Both are that. Where I live I need AWD. Both have that. I have 2 kids that I bring to and from school everyday so I need room for 2 car seats and the ease of getting them in and out. Both have that. Cargo space for trips and other life stuff was necessary. When you narrow it down that leaves you a pickup or SUV. The Raptor And X5M were what I narrowed it down to and the Raptor won me over. I agree from a technical standpoint that they are two different beasts but from a life perspective they had what I wanted.

Last edited:

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So here’s the break down to maybe make it not as odd. I needed a daily driver, but wanted something that would also be a weekend toy/hobby. Wanted it to be performance luxury not luxury performance. Both are that. Where I live I need AWD. Both have that. I have 2 kids that I bring to and from school everyday so I need room for 2 car seats and the ease of getting them in and out. Both have that. Cargo space for trips and other life stuff was necessary. When you narrow it down that leaves you a pickup or SUV. The Raptor And X5M were what I narrowed it down to and the Raptor won me over. I agree from a technical standpoint that they are two different beasts but from a life perspective they had what I wanted.

Good call. I had an X5 loaner last week and that was one of the most boring cars I've ever driven. And that is saying a lot since I am/was a huge BMW fan. That car has zero personality. The M might up it a little, but at its core it is still a soccer mom's car. I drove it to where I need to be and had zero interest in taking it for a joy ride. It feels like BMW's latest aspiration is to steal the most boring luxury brand crown from Lexus.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good call. I had an X5 loaner last week and that was one of the most boring cars I've ever driven. And that is saying a lot since I am/was a huge BMW fan. That car has zero personality. The M might up it a little, but at its core it is still a soccer mom's car. I drove it to where I need to be and had zero interest in taking it for a joy ride. It feels like BMW's latest aspiration is to steal the most boring luxury brand crown from Lexus.

That's actually interesting because I find the X5's quite enjoyable to drive. Just goes to show you how two people can have vastly different experience in an identical vehicle.

RaptorUSN

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Same here. Nothing against the X5M. It’s a great vehicle. I’m coming from the M world (previous E90 M3 DCT and E63 M6 manual v10) and I got bored during the test drive with the X5M. The Raptor hands down for me had more to offer and I could see myself wanting to keep it longer and not getting bored with it as easily.

dbull65

Reaction score
So, I just bought a new 2018 SCREW GEN 2. I had a 2013 Gen 1 SCREW. I can tell you that it is truly better in every way over my last Raptor, with the exception of the exhaust. Still debating if I want to go aftermarket on the exhaust. But everything else, HOLY SHIT! Ford did their homework on this truck. I am so glad I upgraded!

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, I just bought a new 2018 SCREW GEN 2. I had a 2013 Gen 1 SCREW. I can tell you that it is truly better in every way over my last Raptor, with the exception of the exhaust. Still debating if I want to go aftermarket on the exhaust. But everything else, HOLY SHIT! Ford did their homework on this truck. I am so glad I upgraded!

Don't say this too loudly or eles you will hurt @Truckzor 's feelings. He still believes his G1 is better than our G2s.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't say this too loudly or eles you will hurt @Truckzor 's feelings. He still believes his G1 is better than our G2s.

You guys are so insecure. And frankly kind of dumb. "Better in every way, except..."

Come on. Read that again. Slowly.

I know you're not a rocket scientist, but this is some pretty basic shit.