Got my truck back from the detail shop.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They did an awesome job at the detailer. I love the graphics that Rappy Graphics made up for me. I got the Xpel PPF, Ceramic Pro ceramic coating, and 70% Xpel XR window tint all around. I just have to wait 2 weeks now for curing to put the Bakflip cover on. The hood stripes are gloss Magnetic with matte Magnetic "Raptor" with PPF over it, and the whole hood. I had told Rappy I wanted the RAPTOR to look ghosted on the stripe and they really nailed it, I think. They did a custom overlay for me on the tailgate FORD emblem, and the overlay for the tailgate RAPTOR. If you didn't see my earlier threads, I already had the OEM wheels powdercoated locally and the center-caps done by Rappy. I checked today after I got it home, sure enough, I've added another 1/8" to myself!! Who da man??.
https://rappygraphics.com/

View attachment 146510 View attachment 146512 View attachment 146513 View attachment 146514

View attachment 146554

Nicely done OF...haven’t been on here in a while (alas, too much time fly-fishing) so was surprising and fun to finally see your Beast in all it’s glory. Congrats and nicely done...so far. You have thousands more to spend and I can’t wait to see each and every new mod!!!! Will be nice to watch someone else spend money instead of me...haha.

Have been pounding the logging/backroads of NW MT and it performs just like it should. Have been careful about “pinstriping” it so far but you know it’s bound to happen...but then I’ll probably be able to relax a bit cuz as pretty as she looks, I got her so I could go fast on all these crazy dirt n gravel tracks we have around here. I like to play the guide to friends and Fam. Last one is my daughter, OF, so be careful...haha. Big Red gets me everywhere I need to go!

AB24A289-AF47-48F5-B52E-464C382F92C0.jpeg 1B4A9218-DD79-4853-8477-4F8918885760.jpeg 3BCD644E-EE4E-444B-9473-182C642F53D7.jpeg

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta ask, how much was the Xpel and ceramic coating?

I was quoted for the Xpel Ultimate Plus (8.5mm) around $5500 and the Xpel Ultimate Plus 10 (10mm) for $6775. That was without any glass covering or bumpers, since I don’t have the stock bumper in front. Flares and pillars were covered and no ceramic coating.

I backed off getting it done and was planning on finding out what would just to cost to repaint the whole truck if I scratch it up to compare. Mine is white so scratches won’t show as bad as red.

I was leaning towards 10mm PPF because I will be off-roading it.

I had no idea that it cost that much to have a truck wrapped

I see a lot of POS vehicles running around with a full color change done, the car they are driving is worth less then the wrap??

I was thinking of getting my flares wrapped to match the lightning blue or go with a carbon fiber look. Depending on the cost of the wrap it might be worth just buying carbon fiber flares

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And what will the new plate read ???
BIG BALZ ??

SAG-BLZ :33:

Very Nice I wonder how they would look on Velocity Blue?

I would think that would look good on the blue.

Thanks for the info.

I am about 45 minutes from Easton, I live in Manville which is pretty much in the center of NJ.
I was quoted a large $$$$ number. (At least to me) to to the whole truck ceramic coated in Gteching EXO. I was also told that the matte or satin pieces would cost more
I never had any high end detailing work done in the past, but then again I never owned a Raptor.

Gotta ask, how much was the Xpel and ceramic coating?
I was quoted for the Xpel Ultimate Plus (8.5mm) around $5500 and the Xpel Ultimate Plus 10 (10mm) for $6775. That was without any glass covering or bumpers, since I don’t have the stock bumper in front. Flares and pillars were covered and no ceramic coating.
I backed off getting it done and was planning on finding out what would just to cost to repaint the whole truck if I scratch it up to compare. Mine is white so scratches won’t show as bad as red.
I was leaning towards 10mm PPF because I will be off-roading it.

I never had any of this stuff done before either Richnot. I always did everything myself. The Xpel Ultimate Plus was $1695 for full front, full hood, mirrors, B & C pillars, & door cups. He then added $125 for the Stealth parts. The Ceramic Pro was the "Silver Plus" which is a 5 year warranty that's $1550 and then $195 for what they call the "wheels off". Wheels off is doing both sides of the wheels, the shocks, & the calipers.

Nicely done OF...haven’t been on here in a while (alas, too much time fly-fishing) so was surprising and fun to finally see your Beast in all it’s glory. Congrats and nicely done...so far. You have thousands more to spend and I can’t wait to see each and every new mod!!!! Will be nice to watch someone else spend money instead of me...haha.

Have been pounding the logging/backroads of NW MT and it performs just like it should. Have been careful about “pinstriping” it so far but you know it’s bound to happen...but then I’ll probably be able to relax a bit cuz as pretty as she looks, I got her so I could go fast on all these crazy dirt n gravel tracks we have around here. I like to play the guide to friends and Fam. Last one is my daughter, OF, so be careful...haha. Big Red gets me everywhere I need to go!

Thanks! Looks like you're having a great time.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I see a lot of POS vehicles running around with a full color change done, the car they are driving is worth less then the wrap??

I was thinking of getting my flares wrapped to match the lightning blue or go with a carbon fiber look. Depending on the cost of the wrap it might be worth just buying carbon fiber flares

Unless they are wrapping themselves with cheap/junk product, it's expensive.

D

Deleted member 12951

A color wrap is half the price. They are thin, like 2-3mm and easier to apply than PPF that is 10mm. They don’t offer as much protection when off-roading and running into tight trails or the brush that comes out of nowhere when going 60mph or more.

D

Deleted member 12951

I never had any of this stuff done before either Richnot. I always did everything myself. The Xpel Ultimate Plus was $1695 for full front, full hood, mirrors, B & C pillars, & door cups. He then added $125 for the Stealth parts. The Ceramic Pro was the "Silver Plus" which is a 5 year warranty that's $1550 and then $195 for what they call the "wheels off". Wheels off is doing both sides of the wheels, the shocks, & the calipers.

Oh, I read that wrong, thought you said PPF all the way around. My quote was for the whole truck, even the roof and grill.