Got my truck back from the detail shop.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They did an awesome job at the detailer. I love the graphics that Rappy Graphics made up for me. I got the Xpel PPF, Ceramic Pro ceramic coating, and 70% Xpel XR window tint all around. I just have to wait 2 weeks now for curing to put the Bakflip cover on. The hood stripes are gloss Magnetic with matte Magnetic "Raptor" with PPF over it, and the whole hood. I had told Rappy I wanted the RAPTOR to look ghosted on the stripe and they really nailed it, I think. They did a custom overlay for me on the tailgate FORD emblem, and the overlay for the tailgate RAPTOR. If you didn't see my earlier threads, I already had the OEM wheels powdercoated locally and the center-caps done by Rappy. I checked today after I got it home, sure enough, I've added another 1/8" to myself!! Who da man??.
https://rappygraphics.com/

View attachment 146510 View attachment 146512 View attachment 146513 View attachment 146514

View attachment 146554

so what was the total cost to put those stickers on your truck?

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great job on the truck...it looks very sharp. Now you just have to get rid of that dealer license plate frame.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting. So did you have the fender flares wrapped in Stealth to match the front bumper, or is there not much of a difference? I am having my rear bedsides wrapped soon in clear and my fender flares in Stealth. I have aftermarket bumpers, so I am not messing with the bumpers.
Lol I am with you, gloss PPF on the flares and bumpers of a Raptor do not look good!

I didn't have the flares wrapped. The Stealth is pretty much a perfect match for the matte finish on the flares and bumper.

so what was the total cost to put those stickers on your truck?

Around $725 including the shop install charges (was $125), and that counts some small stuff I did in the cab.

I really like the hood stripes. I wonder if Rappygraphics could do them in carbon fiber? After seeing how yours turned out, I’m thinking of doing them in carbon fiber on mine...

I'm sure they could. Once they have the layouts for everything in their computer they have a lot of freedom to do what you want. Like my tailgate FORD emblem overlay, I sent them a picture of a flag with the punisher on it I had came across online and asked them if they could make it work for the overlay in the subdued gray and Race Red. They had no issues doing it.

Great job on the truck...it looks very sharp. Now you just have to get rid of that dealer license plate frame.

Lol, I agree. I have a nice WeatherTech plate protector frame already, but I'm waiting on my new plate to come in to install it.

Last edited:

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The shop is Shine Techs in Easton. Depending on how deep in NJ you are, it wouldn't be bad for you. I was very happy with their work, except when I stopped in a few days ago to check on things they had most of the work done and had just started doing the front bumper end in gloss PPF. To my eyes, that would look like hell. I didn't think to specify one way or the other, I assumed matte parts would be done in matte PPF. They were nice about it, but upcharged me $125 because they said the stealth is a lot more expensive. I had them remove it and do it in Stealth. The owner said it was their 3rd Raptor and the previous guys were OK with that.

It's a good crew of young car guys that are meticulous and careful with their work, very nice shop, spotlessly clean and orderly. A lot of nice, high end cars being done by them. 2 new NSX's, a Lotus, a GTR, a Maserati, a Porsche, a couple new Corvettes. They are on the expensive side, but I'd rather have that, than have mediocre work done. I would use them again. The owners name is George, good guy.

http://shine-techs.com/

Thanks for the info.

I am about 45 minutes from Easton, I live in Manville which is pretty much in the center of NJ.

I was quoted a large $$$$ number. (At least to me) to to the whole truck ceramic coated in Gteching EXO. I was also told that the matte or satin pieces would cost more

I never had any high end detailing work done in the past, but then again I never owned a Raptor.

D

Deleted member 12951

Gotta ask, how much was the Xpel and ceramic coating?

I was quoted for the Xpel Ultimate Plus (8.5mm) around $5500 and the Xpel Ultimate Plus 10 (10mm) for $6775. That was without any glass covering or bumpers, since I don’t have the stock bumper in front. Flares and pillars were covered and no ceramic coating.

I backed off getting it done and was planning on finding out what would just to cost to repaint the whole truck if I scratch it up to compare. Mine is white so scratches won’t show as bad as red.

I was leaning towards 10mm PPF because I will be off-roading it.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean... once you cross the border back into NJ, the contamination will cover the truck in minutes. ;):p

That is so true, thankfully I`m not that close to the eastern side. I can tell you that the Delaware river wasn't always that clean. I used to launch my boat in Lambertville, always ran faster there due to the anti slip coating that was floating on top of the water, free of charge

I grew up on a farm in Hillsborough and moved to Manville, yes that Manville as in Johns Manville.

The Asbestos capital of the world. It took my fathers life in 68 when I was 5. He survived WWII as a Marine along with all of my uncles just to have something at home kill him