Got my truck back from the detail shop.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is definitely worth getting the ceramic coating done. I always did my own work on the vehicle’s but with something worth this much I’d feel better having the paint protected. Just the hard water spots from city water sucks, grew up on well water and never an issue. Costco has a unit to hook up to your hose for hand washing and eliminating water spots. I think it was around $150 but I have seen some that other members have and they can add up to some serious coin, but so can getting the spots removed.

Your truck really turned out great

D

Deleted member 17706

Oh, I read that wrong, thought you said PPF all the way around. My quote was for the whole truck, even the roof and grill.

It’s about $6-7k for a full wrap at a reputable shop. It is a lot of labor to do everything right.

You can see the cost here:

https://www.xpel.com/paint-protecti...ars--AND--Light-Trucks/2020/Ford/F_150/Raptor

I still don’t think the Xpel will hold up to catching branches and brush while going 40-60 mph. As I noted before, I have had rocks kick up from the road and still make impressions through the Xpel and partially damage the paint. Granted, the damage is nowhere near what it would be if the rock hit the paint with no PPF.

I wrapped my entire front end and will be having my rear bedsides done too. Jury is still out whether or not I will mess with wrapping the full doors.

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What should it cost for the whole truck to be ceramic coated and do they always do paint correction first?
If new minimal correction needed. The longer u wait, use drive thru car washes, etc.. more correction needed. Cost me 700.00 for entire truck to be ceramic coated. Im sure prices vary depending on location and amount of correction needed. Had mine done at 1 day old so mimimal correction.

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wh
They did an awesome job at the detailer. I love the graphics that Rappy Graphics made up for me. I got the Xpel PPF, Ceramic Pro ceramic coating, and 70% Xpel XR window tint all around. I just have to wait 2 weeks now for curing to put the Bakflip cover on. The hood stripes are gloss Magnetic with matte Magnetic "Raptor" with PPF over it, and the whole hood. I had told Rappy I wanted the RAPTOR to look ghosted on the stripe and they really nailed it, I think. They did a custom overlay for me on the tailgate FORD emblem, and the overlay for the tailgate RAPTOR. If you didn't see my earlier threads, I already had the OEM wheels powdercoated locally and the center-caps done by Rappy. I checked today after I got it home, sure enough, I've added another 1/8" to myself!! Who da man??.
https://rappygraphics.com/

View attachment 146510 View attachment 146512 View attachment 146513 View attachment 146514

View attachment 146554
What was the technical color for powdercoat on wheels? I like how urs turned out! Is it a Satin or matte finish?

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What should it cost for the whole truck to be ceramic coated and do they always do paint correction first?

Even brand new paint needs to be polished out/ corrected. I saw the paint after it was polished and before any coatings were done, it was a night and day difference. The paint looked wet when they were done with the correction. Really was an amazing difference. I had thought it was coated already when I looked at it, but the detailer pointed out it was just the bare paint. It was $1945 including wheels, calipers, and shocks where I got it done.

What was the technical color for powdercoat on wheels? I like how urs turned out! Is it a Satin or matte finish?

Thanks. I would say it's a semi-gloss finish. The powder is from Prismatic Powders. The color is Kingsport Grey. Here's more info from a thread when I first got them done. They have another color that matches well, but is a little darker, depending what you like, Speedway Grey.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/had-my-20-wheels-powdercoated.75919/

Last edited:

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had no idea that it cost that much to have a truck wrapped

I see a lot of POS vehicles running around with a full color change done, the car they are driving is worth less then the wrap??

I would guess that wrapped POS vehicles didn't pay full price. They did it themselves, know someone at the wrap shop or traded favors for it. For example, the audio shop I use has a couple wrapped vehicles that I doubt they paid for. Probably had it done free in exchange for pointing customers their way.