Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Morn

Reaction score
I believe if you go to settings on the touch screen and then vehicle you can set the back up camera for delay.

Oh I thought that meant if enabled there's a delay before the camera turns 'on' when shifting to R. I'll try that when I get off work today.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh I thought that meant if enabled there's a delay before the camera turns 'on' when shifting to R. I'll try that when I get off work today.

Nope. That's for delay turning off

My tablet and adapter come tomorrow so I can start attempting my Forscan modifications. Can't wait

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe if you go to settings on the touch screen and then vehicle you can set the back up camera for delay.

Yep, that's what I did. No forescan needed. But the view stays in reverse. I wish it switched direction depending on the shifter for parallel parking and getting in and out of tight spaces.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, that's what I did. No forescan needed. But the view stays in reverse. I wish it switched direction depending on the shifter for parallel parking and getting in and out of tight spaces.

Thats a good idea. Have a setting you could turn off or on that under 5mph the front or rear camera comes on depending on which gear you are in

halogrinder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was watching my trans temps while towing yesterday. normally it cruises around 170, and while towing almost touched 200. Super light car (mini cooper) and an aluminum trailex trailer..... in Houston a flat city lol

Thought they were a little overboard for transmission temp.

Regardless, I was thinking about oil temperature. That'd be rad to get it over the oil pressure gauge.

TLDR the thread, but assuming its just experimenting with hex code adjustments on the line that enabled the temp values over the other gauges? How is it that these are being "discovered" other than experimenting?

webbug

Reaction score
I did the spot light mod in the afternoon and it worked fine. In the evening i started doing Forscan config (foldable mirror) and when i tried the spot lights the drive side didn't work (even the switch light doesn't light) however the passenger spot works well even at speed.

what could be the problem? Forscan, fuse, or i might forgotten to switch it off!

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was watching my trans temps while towing yesterday. normally it cruises around 170, and while towing almost touched 200. Super light car (mini cooper) and an aluminum trailex trailer..... in Houston a flat city lol

Thought they were a little overboard for transmission temp.

Regardless, I was thinking about oil temperature. That'd be rad to get it over the oil pressure gauge.

TLDR the thread, but assuming its just experimenting with hex code adjustments on the line that enabled the temp values over the other gauges? How is it that these are being "discovered" other than experimenting?

Trust me, no way to get anything over the oil gauge... it's just a dummy gauge.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

I did the spot light mod in the afternoon and it worked fine. In the evening i started doing Forscan config (foldable mirror) and when i tried the spot lights the drive side didn't work (even the switch light doesn't light) however the passenger spot works well even at speed.

what could be the problem? Forscan, fuse, or i might forgotten to switch it off!

Check your wiring for the spot light mod and/or fuse. The only value that affects the spot light is in BCM at:
726-56-01 xxxx x*xx xxxx Spotlight Cfg: 0=disable, 1=enable

So if you were just doing folding mirror in DDM/PDM, there's no way you could've disabled the spot light in FORScan.