Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Try this:
1. go into FORScan settings, connection tab and change MS-CAN support to HS/MS Switch
2. press the connect button in FORScan but when it brings up your VIN profile click no to make it re-discover all the modules

It should find a few modules and then prompt you to flip the toggle switch on the adapter and then it should find all the rest of the modules.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this still your number 1 choice to make changes?

OBDLink MX Bluetooth

It's overkill if you just want to make a handful of changes and won't be experimenting on your own where flipping the toggle switch would be a pain. I really like this OHP USB one for the money and it's fast: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0GVBWY/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Down the road FORScan will have the ability to do firmware flashing though and that adapter isn't capable of it (but neither is the MXBT) so I just want you to be aware of that now. Firmware flashing is dangerous and can brick modules if something goes wrong so it's best left to the dealership unless you plan to own IDS/FDRS (dealership software) to be able to undo anything that may go wrong with firmware flashes.

Note: I own every adapter listed in my tutorial and have personally tested each one.

Last edited:

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's overkill if you just want to make a handful of changes and won't be experimenting on your own where flipping the toggle switch would be a pain. I really like this OHP USB one for the money and it's fast: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0GVBWY/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Down the road FORScan will have the ability to do firmware flashing though and that adapter isn't capable of it (but neither is the MXBT) so I just want you to be aware of that now. Firmware flashing is dangerous and can brick modules if something goes wrong so it's best left to the dealership unless you plan to own IDS/FDRS (dealership software) to be able to undo anything that may go wrong with firmware flashes.

Note: I own every adapter listed in my tutorial and have personally tested each one.

Any issues with this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0GVBWY/?tag=fordraptorforum-20
on a windows10 machine?

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any videos out there of all the forscan changes and what they can actually do? Would be interesting to see it live

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guyzilla

Reaction score
Any videos out there of all the forscan changes and what they can actually do? Would be interesting to see it live

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to see this as well. A basic tutorial video of how to forscan and most common things to change as well as others. I ordered the board recommended items and am set to go outside of the actual forscan license thing. Only 3 weeks into ownership so I’m in no rush. Trying to make a decision on window tinting at the moment